lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
DEW
Not Yet Wild

Default Will this work

I have a clockwise rotation engine from Club Car ,not sure what it is but it is brand new. Will this work in a 1989 carry all II ? Any help would be great.
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will this work

if you do this you will be putting a CW rotating engine with a CCW rotating transaxle. the result will be that when you select Forward it will go in Reverse. The problem lies in the fact that the reverse gears are smaller than the forward gears. So it will be slow and strong in forward and fast and weak in reverse.... I did this once , never again! Some say invest $250 in taller gears which remedies the forward problem and intensifies the reverse situation.... I say sell the motor to somebody who needs it and get an aftermarket V-twin for your 89 CC
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
DEW
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

another option would be to try and swap rear ends with someone who already has a big block. they might be looking for the rear end you have and would be willing to trade theirs that will work with yours

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
mjrowley
Gone Wild

On the rotation is it CW as you look at it straight on, or CW as you stand behind it?

Mine rotates CW as i stand behind it.
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
DEW
Not Yet Wild

Clockwise as you look at the clutch. Also I am going to be looking for a replacement motor for the '89 club car carry all II. This motor I have is a couple of years old and never been run. I need a replacement counterclock wise motor so I can use the same rearend and gen./starter that is in the cart now. Anyone interested?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car