lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ez Go Textron 26984

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantok4 View Post
Update....

Thanks for everyone's help. I have removed the circuit board with the bad relay. I have ordered another relay for 6 bucks. Until it arrives I have bypassed the relay and found that the charger does work and puts out 41.5 volts and no amps (its not hooked up to my cart yet).
Please let me know if that relay fixes your problem. I have the same charger, same problem. I bypassed the relay today and my charger works that way. I would rather pay $6 than $80. Where did you order your new relay?

Thanks!
jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Look on the relay and get the numbers off it. Places like Digikey, Mouser and Allied Electric will have them.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you can get the relay seperate from ezgo too, but i would rather to replace teh whole thing b/c most of teh time I see black spots on some of the resistors that are not on the new control board. IMO its just cheap insurance. But to each his own
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

True enough. The new boards have been revised. Which I beleive come with an updated relay.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
fantok4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwm69 View Post
Please let me know if that relay fixes your problem. I have the same charger, same problem. I bypassed the relay today and my charger works that way. I would rather pay $6 than $80. Where did you order your new relay?

Thanks!
www.orvac.com it is a local shop where I live.

I looked over the board and did not see any other obvious defects. I believe it was a combination of old wires with bad connections that caused the resistance to make the relay fail. I was able to get it to work for a short period when I first started to play with the wires. I gave the store the numbers off of the relay and they said they could order me one. I will let you know how it goes.
fantok4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
fantok4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
True enough. The new boards have been revised. Which I beleive come with an updated relay.
I saw that the boards have been replaced by a new one. The online site showed one for $110. I would rather buy a new one at that price.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
fantok4
Not Yet Wild

Part came in and is soldered in. Need to go to my vacation trailer next week to see if it worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00049.jpg (54.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00050.jpg (64.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #18
fantok4
Not Yet Wild

Sad to report that the relay swap did not fix the problem for me. The charger comes on but turns off after 30 secs or so. I have gone back to bypassing the board and will going with a timer setup. A buddies "old school" charger uses this type of set up.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantok4 View Post
Sad to report that the relay swap did not fix the problem for me. The charger comes on but turns off after 30 secs or so. I have gone back to bypassing the board and will going with a timer setup. A buddies "old school" charger uses this type of set up.

Well that really SUCKS !

All that $$ and no fix. I guess you can take solance in the idea that you have a new board at least. Is there a service center anywhere near you that might be able to diagnose this for you. At this point it seems it may be better to go that route rather than to keep throwing parts at it??

Hope you had a good Turkey day at least
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
jeepwm69
Not Yet Wild

I bought a new board for mine on ebay and it cuts on and runs, but doesn't want to cut off. I ran the cart for awhile today, and plugged the charger in at about 3PM. It SHOULD shut itself off at 16 hours if the timer on the board is at all good. If it's still running in the AM I know I have a bad board.
jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO