lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #11
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo 36 volt battery charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey View Post
So, would H5 mean 2005? Would they already be toast? I guess I need to get one of those volt meter thingies like the rest of your sparkies. Thanks for the info.
H5 could mean 2005 and yes they could be bad if they weren't maintained correctly, They are over 4 years old and life on batteries are 5 to 7 years in most cases if they are well taken care of.

If I'm not mistaken, H5 also could be 1995 !!!

Get you a digital multimeter ($20-$30) and then charge the pack, let the batteries "rest" for a hour or so and then check each one and post the numbers here, someone will tell you where you stand on battery life or if you are fixing to spend $550 or $600.

First thing first though, get the other charger and see if it works better than your current one.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
bogey
Not Yet Wild

OK the other charger works fine. I purchased the cart to use for hunting. The terain is mostly flat with moderate hills. So far, the cart is doing good. The slow pace up the hills does not bother me. But, the charge on the batteries seems to be lasting for only about a mile. They are 2005 trojans that I have no idea on how well they were taken care of. Is this travel distance typical or could I gain more distance with new batteries? As far as I know everytining is the orgianal with the exception of a new silonoid and new battery cables(6 guage). The cart does have a small lift kit and larger turf tires. Thanks for the help.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It sounds like your batteries are toast. They should last for many miles of moderate terrain. You can chaeck them with a hydrometer, voltmeter, and a loadtester. Otherwise it is just date code and best guess
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #14
sunking
Gone Wild

Bogey if you are certain the charger is in proper working order, and only getting a mile or so range, pretty safe to conclude the batteries are shot. Before replacing them just a simple load test by driving the cart while monitoring battery voltage.

On flat terrain you should be able to drive 10 to 15 miles to get to around 50% DOD.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO