lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
fireeater91
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo gas to club car conversion

I Have An 96 Ezgo Gas Cart But The Frame Is In Very Bad Shape. It Has A 4cyl Engine. I Just Bought A 99 Electric Club Car With Excellent Body And Frame. Question Is Can I Put The Gas Motor From The Ezgo Into Club Car Frame?. Is There A Kit For The Motor Installation?, Or Do I Have To Fabricate The Aluminum Frame?
fireeater91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo gas to club car conversion

The answer is no, you can not do this. The Ezgo motor and the CC transaxle rotate in opposite directions ... If you can get beyond that well I still say no, it will offend all of my golf cart senses
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireeater91 View Post
I Have An 96 Ezgo Gas Cart But The Frame Is In Very Bad Shape. It Has A 4cyl Engine. I Just Bought A 99 Electric Club Car With Excellent Body And Frame. Question Is Can I Put The Gas Motor From The Ezgo Into Club Car Frame?. Is There A Kit For The Motor Installation?, Or Do I Have To Fabricate The Aluminum Frame?
It will take one heck of a lot of fabrication work to do this but I was never one to say something cant be done if you have the money, welding/fab skills, and knowledge. Last year I converted an electric club car to gas using an ezgo gas engine and rear end. Main problem is you will have to modify the club car frame structure and make sure the engine and clutch will have enough space between the frame rails. That electric club car frame tapers towards the front leaving very little room between the frame where the gas engine needs to go. This job should only be performed by a very experienced weldor/fabricator.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
fireeater91
Not Yet Wild

i was going to take the gas motor and the rear end off the ezgo and try and put it on the club car (electric).
Old 01-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
fireeater91
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz View Post
It will take one heck of a lot of fabrication work to do this but I was never one to say something cant be done if you have the money, welding/fab skills, and knowledge. Last year I converted an electric club car to gas using an ezgo gas engine and rear end. Main problem is you will have to modify the club car frame structure and make sure the engine and clutch will have enough space between the frame rails. That electric club car frame tapers towards the front leaving very little room between the frame where the gas engine needs to go. This job should only be performed by a very experienced weldor/fabricator.
THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO DO. DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THE CONVERTION, OR WHAT YOU HAD TO DO. I JUST GOT THE CC FOR 50$ I COULD NOT PASS THAT DEAL, BUT WHEN I NOTICED THE FRAME I KNEW IT WAS GONA BE TIGHT.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
jahaiap
Getting Wild
Club Car

Basically to do the swap....
1)remove the whole swingarm, axle, motor, and rear wheels from the ezgo and reinstall onto the Club car rear leaf springs.
2)As you do this youll notice 2 huge pieces of I-beam aluminum in the way of the ezgo motor under the seat of the cc. Cut them out.
3)There, all done.

Just a note... the cart will be slightly more unstable now

You could honestly do it with a huge lift. Basically the club car frame that looks like it would be in the way would be over the motor. I have an 8'' lift and it wouldnt work. maybe a 12" lift would fit it.
jahaiap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This could be a good project for the right person... it just depends upon the motive. If you got the two carts and motor and not alot of cash and you want to try to make it work then go 4 it Do not think you will have something neat to sell afterward, this is the type of creation only the creator can appreciate. Build it and use it
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I like the Idea, go for it and post lots of pics!!
If done properly, you will have a clean cart that will always spark interesting conversation.

On a more self honest note, how are your fab and welding skills?
I ask only for safety reasons, if you cut a brace out something should compensate for it.

Then get a graffic for the front of it and call it "Club Eazy"
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
Newbylee
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I just scored a free club car body and was thinking of lowering it over my Yamaha G1 chassis
I know,I know,Scotty it won't have much resale value,but think of the looks and questions of all the cart owners at the campground when a 2 stroke CC drives by with Yamacar sticker on the front! priceless
Newbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car