lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
JG!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent Radio-Speaker-ACC Oulet Install

I was just giving you crap. I like how you used some quality product none of that Pyle junk
JG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Crank it up we all want to hear that new song SCUBABUD THUD oh i mean thumpLooks good, tunes are the ticket when your cruisin.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Very nice... Do you have any interference noise when accelerating while listening to FM? Most cars do... especially cars with Shunt wound motors like ours..
Just got back from a few miles around the neighborhood and all seems well with the FM. We cruised at around 15 mph for the most part but took it up to 25 mph a few times as well as 20 mph for a few minutes. The FM didn't fade in or out nor did we hear any "motor whine" noise or any noise for that matter. My use will be mostly CD's and the Ipod. I have to say it was very nice listening to tunes at night with a cool breeze and our 2 Westies with us on the front seat.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Just got back from a few miles around the neighborhood and all seems well with the FM. We cruised at around 15 mph for the most part but took it up to 25 mph a few times as well as 20 mph for a few minutes. The FM didn't fade in or out nor did we hear any "motor whine" noise or any noise for that matter. My use will be mostly CD's and the Ipod. I have to say it was very nice listening to tunes at night with a cool breeze and our 2 Westies with us on the front seat.
Good deal.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
XRT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks pretty good.

Just clean up back there behind the cd player.
Solder and heat shrink that stuff.
XRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRT View Post
Looks pretty good.

Just clean up back there behind the cd player.
Solder and heat shrink that stuff.
Yep... when I'm done with the support and the switch I still need to add I'll fix it up.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

Added the Power On/Off switch so the radio doesn't come on when the inverter is turned on. Still have the twists on the power, ground and speaker wires. I might be adding an additional pair of speakers... not sure where I'll put them though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1240.jpg (105.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
encbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

scuba

could you explain in a little more detail (with pics if possible) how you mounted your antenna and what kind you used. I have tried 2 different antennas for my jvc and neither pick up crapola.

TIA

Quote:
I finally got off my butt and decided to install a stereo in the Precedent. I used Marine Certified items and everything seems to be working great as well as the sound quality and FM reception. The speakers are mounted between the front and back seat on a slight tilt and insulated from the road dirt and moisture by shallow baffles underneath. I also installed another ACC plug inside the dash panel to plug in my DC/AC inverter when I need AC for Holiday lights instead of leaving the Inverter on the floor. The radio head is also mounted inside the dash and is covered when the center dash door is closed. The antenna is mounted almost completely vertical in the front of the cart just behind the headlights. The mast makes a little bend to the center because it's 14" long but is totally hidden from view. I get the full select of FM stations in my area so the antenna is working well.

Here's what I used:

Kenwood KMR-330 Stereo $110, was $130, (Print an Online Coupon for $20 Off of $100.)
Polk Audio db 651 6-1/2" speakers $75
HD Speaker Wires 14 gauge $10
14" Rubber Mast Antenna $9

Hopefully someone else who plans on doing their Install can use ideas that others have given as well, just like ideas I received also here on BGW.
encbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by encbuggy View Post
scuba

could you explain in a little more detail (with pics if possible) how you mounted your antenna and what kind you used. I have tried 2 different antennas for my jvc and neither pick up crapola.

TIA
I've attached a few pictures and hope that it helps. I have it strapped to the plastic extension support from the headlights. The antenna was purchased at an auto parts store for $9 and is a flexible 14" rubber antenna. I'll also add that the reception is just OK after taking my cart to Ft. Wilderness for the 4th. Some stations it locks on to well but others will fade in and out a bit... so no... it's not perfect!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1265.jpg (97.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1269.jpg (113.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1268.jpg (78.7 KB, 67 views)
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #20
encbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I've attached a few pictures and hope that it helps. I have it strapped to the plastic extension support from the headlights. The antenna was purchased at an auto parts store for $9 and is a flexible 14" rubber antenna. I'll also add that the reception is just OK after taking my cart to Ft. Wilderness for the 4th. Some stations it locks on to well but others will fade in and out a bit... so no... it's not perfect!
thanks for the quick response - mine is really bad so I am looking for SOMETHING to improve it.
encbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car