lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 4 gauge Cable Set for converted Precedent

Hey guys,

So long story short, I'm in the process of converting the 12V to 8V and while trying to remove the cables off the motor the stud spun to the point where its free spinning now..

Anyway, I'm thinking about just ordering The Bandit from PQ (hopefully they have a core, Hawaii shipping is ridiculous) along with their 500amp controller...

Does anyone know where I can get a 4 gauge cable set that would work with the 12V to 8V conversion as far as correct cable lengths?
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 4 gauge Cable Set for converted Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdis85 View Post
Hey guys,

So long story short, I'm in the process of converting the 12V to 8V and while trying to remove the cables off the motor the stud spun to the point where its free spinning now..

Anyway, I'm thinking about just ordering The Bandit from PQ (hopefully they have a core, Hawaii shipping is ridiculous) along with their 500amp controller...

Does anyone know where I can get a 4 gauge cable set that would work with the 12V to 8V conversion as far as correct cable lengths?
pretty sure scottyb would make you some if you don't feel comfortable doing yourself
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

yep go up to http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

and PQ also sell them !!
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry to hear that you learned like many of us that you need ( TWO wrenches to hold stud lock nut while using other for loosening the cable lock nut ) its always a expensive lesson but never forgotten?
I always say check with forum sponsors FIRST they keep this forum available for anyone needing it.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
yep go up to http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

and PQ also sell them !!
Hey! That's enough about Plum Quik. Let them sale the motor & controller and I'll sell the cables
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Hey! That's enough about Plum Quik. Let them sale the motor & controller and I'll sell the cables
U could start winding motors in U'r spare time
Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #7
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Sorry to hear that you learned like many of us that you need ( TWO wrenches to hold stud lock nut while using other for loosening the cable lock nut ) its always a expensive lesson but never forgotten?
I always say check with forum sponsors FIRST they keep this forum available for anyone needing it.
yeah thats the thing I used a wrench and a socket.. the wrench didnt move but the nut some how grabbed the nut and started to spin the stud and I didn't know..stud was also bent too.. probably from the last owner...

Scotty I'll give you a shout when the time comes.. what sizes do you need to make the cables?
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
itsOld2
Not Yet Wild

I went to my local cart shop the other day to pick up some rims.Wile i was there i asked about 4 guage wires.Expensive.The guy behind the counter said he could sell me the wire lugs and heat shrink and all i had to get was a crimper.Well i went for it .30 ft 4 guage welding cabel all the lugs i needed and heat shrink 60 dollers.Then off to harbor fright and bought 49.99 hydrolic crimper....Next day with the help of a 18 pack and my neighbor i had 4 guage wires on my old cart for 60 bucks not counting the cost of the crimper and beer. my wife and nephews carts are next
itsOld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't know what kind of cable you got for .30 a foot but, the 400+ strand premium welding cable with neoprene jacket costs me 5 Xs that in 4g . Maybe the cashier made a mistake ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOld2 View Post
I went to my local cart shop the other day to pick up some rims.Wile i was there i asked about 4 guage wires.Expensive.The guy behind the counter said he could sell me the wire lugs and heat shrink and all i had to get was a crimper.Well i went for it .30 ft 4 guage welding cabel all the lugs i needed and heat shrink 60 dollers.Then off to harbor fright and bought 49.99 hydrolic crimper....Next day with the help of a 18 pack and my neighbor i had 4 guage wires on my old cart for 60 bucks not counting the cost of the crimper and beer. my wife and nephews carts are next
And ????
works better ??
worse ???
worth the money ???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car