lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
dansevo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 94 ezgo medalist (steelbody) Whats best street legal light kit?

Hey Guys Im looking for a street legal light kit with signals obviously for a 94 ez go medalist electric golf cart. I do bodywork for aliving so I am able to do some molding or fabrication if necessary. I am going to be doing a paint job on the cart and want to get a street legal light kit installed. Any input would be great. I really like the 96 ad up ezgo kits due to the way the headlights look but was curious if anyone has fit them to a 94. Also if you know anyone that has the best price let me know that as well!! Thank you for the help!!
dansevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 ezgo medalist (steelbody) Whats best street legal light kit?

Looking at my Medalist and the terminal's TXT side-by-side, I don't believe the recessed kit will work. Also consider the fact that you have no rear fenders to install tail lamps in. If you want the nice looking kit, you may want to update to the plastic body. I personally just used fog lamps on my brush guard and a pair of trailer lights on my utility bed. I don't have turn signals or a brake light kit. More than anything, I just need to be seen by the big rigs in the early morning so I don't get mowed down. I don't know of a Medalist-specific lighting kit. I wish I could be more help.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the txt plastic bodies are a direct swap. as mentioned, this is your best bet. the cart in my avatar has the txt frt.and medalist rear.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

madoc is right, if you want to get a recesed light kit update to the plastic TXT body. It is a direct swap with a medalist. I found a new body cowl kit on ebay for $225. I haven't been able to find anywhere else, check with the site sponsors they might have them. If you want to keep the metal body the TXT factory light kit fits the front fine. The I Medalist Freedoms have the standard TXT light kit, but the tailights fit into the plasic bit between the metal and the back opening for the wheels, and the bezel is different so the lights are directed backwards rather than up. I have even looked on the E-Z-GO factory website and they don't even have medalist tailight bezels. your best bet is probably to do a body conversion.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if you decide to swap check your local dealer i bet they will have a few bodies out back that they would sell you for cheap.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
dansevo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok cool..Thank you for all of the input. I will hjave to try and locate a ez go dealer near me. I know of a yamaha dealer near me. I will look on ez go site to see if there is a locator. Thanks again!!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

I looked on E-Z-GO's website and they have what is called a deluxe personal transportation vehicle kit. It has the light bar headlamp, recessed tailamps, turn indicators, brake lights, 3-pos key switch, and all the equipment. It also includes stick-on reflectors, which I belive would make it street legal, as the use stick-on reflectors on the RXV.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Sorry I mean 2-five, not RXV. The 2-five is the E-Z-GO street legal cart.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not certain the light bar would get you street legal. You'll still need something to recess the tail lamps into. Your best option may be a pair of generic trailer lights and a couple of angle brackets.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
dansevo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok found a pretty good deal I believe. A TXT body including cowl and rear body for 100bucks. That sound fair????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO