lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Penguin
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 cc precedent

i have a 04 precedent that will not move the noid does click and the wheels will shutter (on jack stands) and the the noid clicks again and every thing stops.... the large cables going to the motor are getting warm really fast.. any help??? 53v on battery pack thanks
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 04 cc precedent

have you checked the batteries under load? i would you could have a battery dropping out under load..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Penguin
Not Yet Wild

i load tested all batterys and all batts tested fine... 50.2 volts on battery pack after load testing .. it is like something is in serious fault when i put cart in reverse the and press pedal wheels will jerk like tryin to move foward and niod will click off almost instant
Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a few questions
1. was the cart running and nothing done to it and now it won't run
2. with the unit on jack stands will the back tires turn both directions, (try from both sides)
3. with the motor trying to go, try and spin the tires

trying to see if the motor is locking up under power or if something else is !
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Penguin
Not Yet Wild

with the cart on stands and pedal depressed i will spin the wheels and the motor will spin like every thing is fine then everythings stops... the cart belongs to my dad and it has been setting for a while i dont really know what happened .. thanks for the help
Old 05-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

So if the motor can be started manually and will run for a period of time then locks up it may not be the motor.

I would look at my motor field wiring first, someone may have a trouble shooting doc for the motor check if there is any loose wiring.

second I would look at the forward/reverse switch

third not sure yet, oh you could reverse the order above ill think about it some more and get back
Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM AND TESTING Troubleshooting
2008 IQ Plus Electric Vehicle Maintenance and Service Supplement Page 11-21
TEST PROCEDURE 5 – A1 AND A2 MOTOR VOLTAGE
See General Warning, Section 10, Page 10-1.
1. Place chocks at the front wheels and lift the rear of the vehicle with a chain hoist or floor jack. Position
jack stands under the frame crossmember between the spring mount and side stringer, just forward of
each rear wheel. See WARNING “Lift only one end...” in General Warning, Section 10, Page 10-1.
2. With the batteries connected and using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, place the black (–) probe on
the A2 (1) motor terminal (white wire) and connect the red (+) probe to the A1 (2) motor terminal (green
wire) (Figure 11-14).
3. With Tow/Run switch in the RUN position, place the Forward/Reverse switch in the FORWARD position,
turn key switch to the ON position and slowly press accelerator pedal.
4. As the accelerator pedal is pressed, the voltage reading should increase from approximately 5 volts when
the MCOR limit switch closes, to approximately 32-37 volts with the accelerator pedal fully pressed.
4.1. If there is no voltage reading or if there is no increase in voltage as the pedal is pressed, check the
MCOR. See Test Procedure 4 – MCOR Voltage on page 11-18. Also check the continuity of the
large posts of the solenoid. See Test Procedure 15 – Solenoid Contacts on page 11-41.
4.2. Disconnect the battery cables as instructed. See WARNING “To avoid unintentionally starting...”
in General Warning, Section 10, Page 10-1.
4.3. Check continuity on A1 and A2 motor terminal posts and continuity of the F1 and F2 motor terminal
posts. Also, check continuity of all motor wires. See Section 16 – Motor (Model DA5-4006)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

does your unit have this

TEST PROCEDURE 20 – WALK AWAY BRAKING RELAY
See General Warning, Section 10, Page 10-1.
Walk Away Braking Relay Test with the IQDM Handset
1. Turn the key switch to the OFF position and place the Forward/Reverse switch in the NEUTRAL position.
2. Connect the IQDM to the vehicle. See Plugging the Handset into the Vehicle, Section 12, Page 12-1.
3. Check the FAULTS Menu.
4. If a 15 RELAY DNC or 30 RELAY COIL FAULT is shown in the list, a walk away braking fault has
occurred.
Walk Away Braking Relay Test without the IQDM Handset
1. Turn the key switch to the OFF position and place the Forward/Reverse switch in the NEUTRAL position.
2. Slowly push the vehicle a short distance (about 3 feet (1 meter)).
3. You should feel resistance as motor braking is applied. The reverse buzzer will also begin pulsing. If neither
of these conditions are present, test the Motor Speed Sensor. See Test Procedure 14 – Motor
Speed Sensor on page 11-38. If the Motor Speed Sensor is operational, replace the walk away braking
relay.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

also check the pedal assembly MCOR
Old 05-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Penguin
Not Yet Wild

i checked voltages across the big lugs on motor with pedal depressed slowly the voltages are all over the place ranging from .2 to 80.0 volts thanks for the info great help!!! i hope my hair grows back in the spots i've pulled out!!! lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car