lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
The Villager
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Post

I found one battery post melted about 25 % of the side of the post. the bolt looks normal and takes good torque when I tightened it. It looks like an old melt and does not seem to have an effect on the battery pack. I have 42 volts that holds 45.3 volts and any 6 of the batteries holds 38.8 volts. Can I assume that a loose connection caused the heat and some melt, only to get so hot it made a better connection. Also, I took off several cables to clean and check and only one other cable had corrosion on the cable end but the rest seemed clean and great contact. I cleaned the one and put her back on. Could it have cured itself before total melt down of the post.

One other option, is that it happened at battery change to the new T-105 trogans which was done two months before I got the cart and it was caught by them, tightened the connections on that battery and it just stopped melting at that time.

???????????????????
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Post

It's unlikely that it cured itself but it was definitely caused by a loose/corroded connection or a bad cable.

After new batteries are installed it is a good practice to check for heat build up on the connections. A monthly check for tightness is also recommended while you are checking water levels.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
The Villager
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
It's unlikely that it cured itself but it was definitely caused by a loose/corroded connection or a bad cable.

After new batteries are installed it is a good practice to check for heat build up on the connections. A monthly check for tightness is also recommended while you are checking water levels.
Thanks Doug. I have added pictures. From the pics, should I just forget it or is there something I need to do.

Lou
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery 002.jpg (92.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg battery 008.JPG (181.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg battery 001.jpg (150.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg battery 003.jpg (183.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg battery 006.JPG (164.0 KB, 6 views)
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The pictures aren't really clear but based on what I see there is nothing to do except check them for heat after riding and make sure they stay clean and tight.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO