lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bummer, cart broke on Mday

Sucks!, cart done good until Im gonna be needing it all day for fishing and general lazyness. It has kinda done this before but I let it sit for awhile with key off and it would come back to life. Any help would be great from you experts. Ok first it is a 2000-2001 txt series cart, not a dcs, it does not have run/tow switch and no hockeypuck f/r switch. With key on pressing throttle I can hear solenoid clicking. Ive done the first few steps in t/s on the sticky, will do the rest after festivities today. With key on no throttle,,, Pack voltage is at 37.4v, batt side of solenoid is 37.4v. I had pressed throttle about 5min before checking the controler side of solenoid, it is at 3.4v and dropping but with pedal pressed it is bat voltage 37.4. So with pedal pressed controler side of solenoid is at 37.4, when it is released it starts dropping fast. Same results for the post on the f/r switch and B+ post on controler. The small black side of the solenoid has ground same for the B- post on controler. The small red side of solenoid gets 37.4v with pedal. Pack voltage does not drop when pedal is pressed, they were charged last night. Cart has a 48v solenoid, type 586 white rodgers, if that means anything to ya. Curtis part# 25864G05 controler. All connections look good. Sorry I know that was alot of info but figured Id get it all out now instead of dragging it out over alot of post, thanks again.
z_kyzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bummer, cart broke on Mday

a 36v cart and a 48v solenoid? will 36v fully activate a 48v sol.? have you tried putting up on jack stands and jumping the two lg. terminals?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tried it, without the jackstands , only arched. No change, even with the pedal pressed and jumping it.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It has been working with the 48v solenoid on it, but it has quit before. Only a few times.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok cart sit overnight in yard with key on. I forgot to cut it off. But it is working now? Like I said it has done it before and would start back working after some "cool down time" but never this long. I checked the voltages at spots where it was dropping and it does the same thing now that the cart is working. Would really like to figure this out so it does not cutout farther from house next time.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the key has no effect on the batteries. in fact if you are sure no one will run away with ,it can be on all the time. don't know how it cured itself, but i bet scotty or someone does.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im sure they do. They will prob post when they get time but at the moment it works great. Didnt know that about the key I thought that it would run the battery down.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It done it again, plz help before I burn it to the ground!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

started working after about 10min, same results as before. Didnt know how to check at motor but I checked with voltmeter, black lead and red lead criss crossing every terminal and got no voltage at motor with pedal pressed. I read in the sticky trouble shooting something about a resistor at solenoid, I do not see one on mine, could this be my problem?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m no expert on E-Z go,s but it sounds like a controller issue...........why a 48 volt soleniod? have you tried a 36 volt soleniod to see if problem quits?....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, series, txt, will not run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO