lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car AC system drives off on it's own !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
No but it won't matter with my fix
I would love to hear it about your fix !!! :)
Do you think it is RF that is causing this craziness?
It is random too , this lurching and spontaneous take off... Very odd.
rustyoldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

hmm... so what is your fix?

whats troubling to me is lack of EMI/RFI suppression in the controller. if a motor can induce noise, there is the possibility that other sources can cause the same uncommanded behavior. ie: cell phone, the neighbor's dishwasher, etc. i'd be interested to see what happens when a GSM phone call arrives in the driver's pocket.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
rib33024

Quote:
I can tell you how to rig a fix for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyoldcar View Post
I would love to hear it about your fix !!! :)
Do you think it is RF that is causing this craziness?
It is random too , this lurching and spontaneous take off... Very odd.
Well it's only been 3 and a half hours gaminde, are you going to tell the man how to fix it, or what
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well it sure could be the pulsing of the motor, and the proximity of these components. I take it this thing has An OBC yes / no (circle one). With your charger plugged in will the cart drive fwd/rev.

Take your charger with you to a safe place plug in the charge plug (120 not needed) put some water in the sprayer and run it see if the cart moves if not then a charger relay with a toggle sw activated from the charge receptacle and controlling the sprayer or converter. If the charger thing works ill be more exact. Also a diode across the motor might help you might be seeing kickback on the negative side and the AC controller sees AC.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Well it's only been 3 and a half hours gaminde, are you going to tell the man how to fix it, or what
This is kinda like fishing, I had to let him bite first then have a beer and then real him in.
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #16
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well it sure could be the pulsing of the motor, and the proximity of these components. I take it this thing has An OBC yes / no (circle one). With your charger plugged in will the cart drive fwd/rev.

Take your charger with you to a safe place plug in the charge plug (120 not needed) put some water in the sprayer and run it see if the cart moves if not then a charger relay with a toggle sw activated from the charge receptacle and controlling the sprayer or converter. If the charger thing works ill be more exact. Also a diode across the motor might help you might be seeing kickback on the negative side and the AC controller sees AC.
I thought you said you had a "simple" fix : ) I was thinkig perhaps you were going to tell me to play Lady GAGA on the Iphone as I was spraying ( man that guy is a talented singer)...
But here we go with the diodes, dilithium phase converters and fiber optics, etc. : )

Well, seriously, I am certain the cart has an OBC, it is a 2009 model, and it has an on board charger, cord is on a reel under the front seat. I will see if it will move when plugged in but I don't believe it does. I will double check tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #17
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyoldcar View Post
I thought you said you had a "simple" fix : ) I was thinkig perhaps you were going to tell me to play Lady GAGA on the Iphone as I was spraying ( man that guy is a talented singer)...
But here we go with the diodes, dilithium phase converters and fiber optics, etc. : )

Well, seriously, I am certain the cart has an OBC, it is a 2009 model, and it has an on board charger, cord is on a reel under the front seat. I will see if it will move when plugged in but I don't believe it does. I will double check tomorrow.
He is thinking you have a stand alone charger and saying to plug charger recepticle into the cart recepticle, not 120v wall outlet.
Just trying to keep it clear and safe.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #18
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Quote:
I think I have a much easier fix
I am glad I don't need a "much easier fix"......

not sure I understood the original question much less the advice given so far......

glad we have a smart group here to guide the rest of us through the dark!!

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #19
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Harmonics?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #20
rustyoldcar
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offtwice View Post
I am glad I don't need a "much easier fix"......

not sure I understood the original question much less the advice given so far......

glad we have a smart group here to guide the rest of us through the dark!!

OT
The original question was that when I use my 12 volt sprayer through my carts voltage converter, the converter causes my controller to wig out and makes my cart take off forward or back on it's own. Moves about five feet or so and stops. Some sort of power surge I guess.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car