lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Default Re: Precedent or DS? What's best?

TahoeDawg,...You mentioned in one post above that the 2008.5 Precedent moved the control section behind the seat and this is the model I have,..with 4 +12 batts. It appears there is some kind of plastic center strut in the bottom of the bucket so I'm not sure the 6-8votls would fit in there without a modification of the bucket. Do you know anything about this??? Thanks for all your help to everyone on the forum.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
TahoeDawg,...You mentioned in one post above that the 2008.5 Precedent moved the control section behind the seat and this is the model I have,..with 4 +12 batts. It appears there is some kind of plastic center strut in the bottom of the bucket so I'm not sure the 6-8votls would fit in there without a modification of the bucket. Do you know anything about this??? Thanks for all your help to everyone on the forum.
They'll fit. Youll have to order the two plastic 8V battery hold downs. They're cheap. There is a plastic piece towards the back of the bucket that just snaps out when you use the 8Vs.... You're gonna need to change the On-Board computer to get full potential from the 8Vs. The one currently in the car has software configured to charge 12s.. Here's what it will look like.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
They'll fit. Youll have to order the two plastic 8V battery hold downs. They're cheap. There is a plastic piece towards the back of the bucket that just snaps out when you use the 8Vs.... You're gonna need to change the On-Board computer to get full potential from the 8Vs. The one currently in the car has software configured to charge 12s.. Here's what it will look like.

I'm thinking of converting to this arrangement. I'm brand new at golf carting and so my question is where is the OBC on an '08 Precedent located and what type of replacement should I procure to handle the 6X8 volt configuration? Is it difficult and is there any programming necessary? Thanks.

ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The OBC is the grey component you see in the silver aluminum panel behind the batteries. It's easy to change, and no there's no programming necessary. The OBC you purchase is all according to what kind of batteries you're using. Contact me when you decide what batteries you'll use and I'll give you the correct part number.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #15
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvj503 View Post
Thanks for the reply and info. Are you aware of any recurring issues with the controllers on 08 and 09 models? I have also given thought to purchasing a gas Precedent but that's more $'s up front but apparently less $'s in the long run. I also looked at buying a remanufactured Club car (from IR) for the 2 year warranty but the dealers I've spoken with try to steer you away from this..for obvious reasons. The selection in my area is not too good so I may have to travel to find a decent cart. I live in NC. It's a little scary to see all of the problems folks have with their cart...that's why I prefer the longer warranty. Any tips/thoughts you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
You won't go wrong with a late DS or Precedent. They are both great carts. If your referring to problems on carts from forums like this, most of these carts were bought cheap by members who are trying to fix problems that other people have created. Sometimes they created the problems themselfs by trying to do some mod thats way over their heads! If you keep up with maintance then your cart should be running for years to come with little or no repairs. Get the best cart you can afford but just drive it and make sure everything is working good and you like it!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #16
tvj503
Getting Wild

TahoeDawg,you mentioned changing the onboard computer in th 08 Precedent, Would this be for all 08 Precedents? What is the approximate cost of this part? Thanks a million times for your help.
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It would apply to any Club Car vehicle, not just Precedents. As long as you're converting from 12s to 8s you need to change the OBC.... Check with site sponsors about a price. Not sure what kind of batteries you're using, but here's a few examples..

8V Trojans or Crown - OBC with Algorithm 1, version 5.0 or higher for Bucket style 2
8V US Battery - OBC with Algorithm 2, version 5.0 or higher for Bucket style 2
Old 09-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvj503 View Post
I am considering the purchase of a golf cart. I hope this isn't like the 2 fun times you have with a boat. I plan to use this around the neighborhood mostly and a little near the beach. I chose the club car because of its aluminum frame and because I think it's overall a better quality product than the EZ GO. I am leaning towards the Precedent but hear that the 4 batteries don't last but a couple of years and there are/have been problems with the two controllers. I do will not use this off road and do not really want a lifted product. I just want a good solid product that won't give me a lot of headaches. Maybe too much to ask. Any thoughts on the differences between these 2 products? Thanks for any and all opinions!
Just get both like I did!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Just get both like I did!
Exactly! I've got a 2006 Precedent (Daily Cruiser), 1995 DS (Rock Crawler Project) and a 1999 EzGO TXT Piece of crap with a broken frame.... Too many years at the beach... Parting it out if anyone is interested, see ad in GOLF CARTS AND PARTS section.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car