lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
xjkk1996
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Needing some advice

Just got done test driving the cart. Dont know what the settings are on I know the regen is turned off. Wasnt too impressed so far, as far as torque was really slow going uphill. Going to get a cable to hook the laptop up to it tomorrow and see what the current is set on. After driving around the block Motor was not even warm so hopefully its turned down. Its nice too have the regen removed.
xjkk1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
xjkk1996
Not Yet Wild

Hooked the laptop up to the controller today, change the programming and Im very pleased with the purchase
Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the updates. How much speed and torque did you gain ? Anything has got to be better than stock. Did you change anything else ( battery cables,.....) or did you just install the controller ? I will be ordering soon.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
xjkk1996
Not Yet Wild

I have noticed more speed than torque thats probably due to me not driving the cart with stock controller with lift and 22"tires. I replaced the cables with some 2/0 battery cable I had lying around
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Your cart should darn near burn rubber with an Alltrax DCX500IQ under the hood???

That is what you bought? I'm getting one too and I expect lots of torque from a DCX500IQ I have my G-suit ready
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

xjkk1996-again thanks for the updates, I plan on doing the same upgrades (controller and 2G wires ) pq motor later.

Stevec3201-from what I understand from this forum my stock motor should handle this ? Should still give me torque right ? I have a 2004 CC DS IQ stock set up with back seat. Batteries are 2 year old trojons in really good shape. Speed would be an added bonus but I really need torque for a neighborhood with some hills. PQ motor later.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
xjkk1996-again thanks for the updates, I plan on doing the same upgrades (controller and 2G wires ) pq motor later.

Stevec3201-from what I understand from this forum my stock motor should handle this ? Should still give me torque right ? I have a 2004 CC DS IQ stock set up with back seat. Batteries are 2 year old trojons in really good shape. Speed would be an added bonus but I really need torque for a neighborhood with some hills. PQ motor later.
If you install a 500 amp controller and 2 gage cables, you will see a significant increase in torque. Afterwards, if you want more speed, get a highspeed motor, such as the plumquick bandit. I have a precedent, so ask the vendor what would be appropriate for your DS. I'm no expert and I'm still running a stock controller, but I want torque as well and I'm getting the Alltrax DCX500IQ for my rig! I have the speed down with my Commander motor, but plumquick motors are very popular!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I beleive that is the way I'm going to go (cables and controller package from scottyb).
Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #19
xjkk1996
Not Yet Wild

Ran the cart yesterday got 22 on my gps. Think my batteries are shot dieing really quick. 3 were at 11.6 one was at 9 after 20 mins of riding. I did smoke a friends stock ds untill my batteries got weak.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
Goonie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks again, 22 mph with torque sounds good to me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car