lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 3" Lift Kit for 2008 CC Precedent

When installing a 3" lift kit with 10" tires and aluminum wheels, I have learned so far that I will need a longer driver's side brake cable. Since I will be adding a rear seat, will I need to add HD Leaf Springs? What about the stock engine and controller? Will I be okay with this setup or should I upgrade to include the 4 gauge wires? I will be going down and up hills possibly with two passengers on the rear. Will the stock setup accomodate this travel pattern? I have so many questions and am learning. Thanks!

p.s. by the way I will have the four 12 volt battery setup. I may at some point convert to the six 8 volt battery configuration.

ZackMan
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: 3" Lift Kit for 2008 CC Precedent

Before you spend lots of money, hold on. I have a 3" lift, and I have not put on HD springs or replaced the left cable with a right (pass) cable. With 2 adults in the rear, I have no sagging. My brakes are sometimes just slighty touchy, and by no means, dangerous.

You will want a larger controller and wires for carrying 4 people up hills. As far as the motor goes, you can wait and see how your stock motor performs with the new controller/solenoid and wires. But, I would install a higher performance motor at the same time.

If you have brake and or sagging issues, then address them.

Just my opinion,
Steve
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 3" Lift Kit for 2008 CC Precedent

Steve,

Thanks. I needed that feedback. Since I'm new to this type of transportation, I really do not need to do more than necessary. Your recommendation about incremental assessments was great. Thanks again for your sage advice.

Tom
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car