lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
jwhj0315
Not Yet Wild

Default 1985 Club Car Electric

I'm in the market for a used cart. What's the difference between newer carts and older? I have never owned one but the prices seem to stay pretty firm. I just bought a travel trailer and want to get a cart for the campground. Eventually raising it. Thanks
jwhj0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 Club Car Electric

get yourself a controller cart........thats the difference between older and newer.....older carts are multi solenoid resistor carts and any upgrading of speed system is very very limited where as a controller cart you can do almost whatever you want..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
jwhj0315
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I clearly need to do some homework as the details are foreignto me. Is there any brands or models suggested over the other?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Golf carts. They all look alike to the untrained eye, green ones, white ones, occasionally a red or a blue one? But look closer and you will see modern cart bodies are made of a light weight flexible plastic that greatly reduces the vehicles weight and DC drive systems have evolved in efficient solid state speed control. Gone are the days of glowing red resistor coils to waste unused amperage under heavy steel bodied carts.
Shopping for a golf cart is much the same as shopping for a car. Stick with the major makers and buy as modern a cart as you can afford.
Major golf cart makers are Club Car, Ezgo, & Yamaha.
Enjoy your search
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
jwhj0315
Not Yet Wild

What if any is the best choice between battery and gas? I want to make sure I make the right core purchase from the start.. I see replacement batteries can get costly. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you buy good batteries and maintain them your looking at upwards of 8 years for a set............now this is with a set of good quaility batteries and very regular maintence ..........but to be honest most people don,t get that kind of time.......hows it gonna be used?? all day while your at camp, kids driving it, there are limitations to elec,s such as run time......and hills...........our campground has if i had to guess 50/50 gas and elec.......i started out as 100% gas but after driving both and working on them i myself won,t go back to gas....i will be buying another gas cart next year ( for the wife ) because she just wants to jump on and ride all day......................think about how its gonna be used.......................
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
jwhj0315
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the input as it was very helpful. I went to the local dealer today. They sell refurbished carts both gas and electric. I'm in Maryland just outside of Wash DC. The basic carts 08 here go for $2,850 there. I've been looking on craigslist and ebay also. But I want to have all the needed information prior to making a buy. For the most part it'll be driving around the campsite. They have controller carts, but I really don't have the need to go any faster than the 18-20mph they go now, I have my Harley for that! ;)
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its not just speed its ease of getting parts and less energy wasteful ...........its more user friendly all around............................
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
jwhj0315
Not Yet Wild

Awesome..then this too will be a priority. When talking to them I found out they are the largest dealer in the area. They usually take the carts returned from the golf courses and refurbished them with warranties. They have hundreds there and have been in businessfor years. So wanting this to be the right purchase is my priority. I've been obtaining a wealth of info on this site and am grateful for all who've responded. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car