lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
grouperdawg
Not Yet Wild

Default What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

I have searched through the forum and found some threads, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

I need to buy some new batteries for my 48 v precedent quickly. I do not want to make the conversion to the 8 volts as suggested in other threads.

What brands are recommended and what would be a good price? I live in the Atlanta area. I am looking for the best value related to performance.

Thanks for any help!
grouperdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

Call the golf cart shops and battery dealers in your area to find the best price. I would look for the US Battery or Crown. I think they are a little better than the Trojans right now. I have the US in my cart and really like them so far.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
grouperdawg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Colby! When you say Battery Dealers, do places like Autozone stock batteries like that?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

make sure you buy 12 volt golfcart batteries and not just marine deep cycle, there is a difference...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
grouperdawg
Not Yet Wild

Right...I was just wondering if there were alternatives to trojan that were cheaper & had good quality
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
make sure you buy 12 volt golfcart batteries and not just marine deep cycle, there is a difference...................................

Grouper,

Yes, call all the battery dealers in your area and ask if they carry golf cart batteries. Then check on the brand and price of their batteries. Back in the old days we had a thing called a phone book! It was a really nice reference to look thing up on paper. For example, you could go to the "B's" and look up battery. Under that their would be listings for battery dealers and you could just go down the list calling all the dealers. After that, you could look up golf and find all the golf cart dealers and shops and call them!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
grouperdawg
Not Yet Wild

Well the first 3 I called (sams, ntb, autozone) do not stock 12 volts, so was just wondering if I was wasting my time. Glad you got a laugh though!!! I imagine most of the cart dealers are closed on Sunday & we need something today.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm talking about battery dealers who ony sell batteries. You won't find 12v golf cart batteries anywhere on Sunday! I know it sucks but you will have to wait until tomorrow. Places like this http://www.voltex.com/golfcart.htm

They sell Deka which is an excellent batery. The place in Louisiana I get all my cart batteries is Tri-state battery and they only list Trojan on their website. When you call them, they will tell you about the other 3 brands of cart batteries they carry. Call them and others like that on Monday. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

If it were me, and I HAD to have them today, I would go to local West Marine (or other boat supply store) and get Marine deep cycles, knowing that at some time in the future I would be replacing them . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouperdawg View Post
I have searched through the forum and found some threads, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

I need to buy some new batteries for my 48 v precedent quickly. I do not want to make the conversion to the 8 volts as suggested in other threads.

What brands are recommended and what would be a good price? I live in the Atlanta area. I am looking for the best value related to performance.

Thanks for any help!
People love to bash Trojan, however the Trojans that I replaced lasted almost 5 years. Only one was technically bad, but I chose to replace 'em all anyway. And the new ones are better than the older ones, according to Trojan! I wish someone would show me proof that a particular battery was the best. All I have to go by is what my local cart mechanic says: "Trojans are the ones I would buy". Until someone does a proper scientific study, we will never know for sure. I say get whatever floats your cart!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car