lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
popslcfr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Where to mount additional 12V battery?

I mounted my extra 12v gell cell between the front and back seat and closed it in, I replaced the access cover on the body with a piece of diamond plate and covered the other panels with black speaker carpet.
Yes it is alittle tight but it works very well and i put a trickle charger in there, when it gets low I just pluge it in and charge. Also mounted my 6 1/4" stereo speakers in the side panels. will try to post pics later.
popslcfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #12
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: Where to mount additional 12V battery?

Look forward to the pictures, I am thinking of setting battery in the same location, I like the idea of the smaller battery, but I would like to have a full size for the longer events that I will be attending once cart is finished, small town parades and Navy CPO events.

Speedo link: http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge...number-928.htm

I was going to use my Tom-Tom gps, but the look just wasn't doing it, and I was concerned about unit walking off with it due to mutiple uses, this speedo will flush mount in the dash and look professional.

oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I can snap a pic or two if interested but if your avatar pic is a current pic of your cart, you probably won't like what I did with mine. I'm using a fairly full sized marine 12v battery and mounted inside a plastic battery box in my bagwell. I have a rear seat, though, and there are 2 supports that run down from the seat and mount to the bottom of the bagwell. I had to remove one of the supports to get the battery in there, which means it can't come out without doing the same thing. But I can still get to it easily to put a charger to it. That area is pretty well protected from the elements by the rear seat and was otherwise dead space to me anyway.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #14
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought about this option also, there is an enclosed “trunk” for the bagwell that could contain the battery and charger combo, but I would like to leave this as a last resort. There appears to be room underneath, I can fabricate a battery holder platform and mount out of sight, running a charging plug in or “lugs” to the location next to the 48V plug in area. Not in a rush, this installation is after the LSV registration is complete, don’t want to give the Virginia safety inspector more to look over, just the state minimum requirements.
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car