lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Anybody ever convert a CC precedent 48v system (4-12v) with 8-6v batteries?

I'm about to replace my battery pack and I've got the CC Precedent 48v system with 4-12v Trojans. I'm wondering if anybody has ever done a conversion to 8-6v batteries? Seems like it would have a ton more AH.

Any info would be appreciated. Pro's, Con's, issues I may have to tackle if I do this...?
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody ever convert a CC precedent 48v system (4-12v) with 8-6v batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post
I'm about to replace my battery pack and I've got the CC Precedent 48v system with 4-12v Trojans. I'm wondering if anybody has ever done a conversion to 8-6v batteries? Seems like it would have a ton more AH.

Any info would be appreciated. Pro's, Con's, issues I may have to tackle if I do this...?
Simply put, the answer is yes, it has been done by many people . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Anybody ever convert a CC precedent 48v system (4-12v) with 8-6v batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post

You should ask yourself some questions prior to dropping ~$400 on the kit:
Do you exceed your cart's run-time with your current configuration?
Do you take good care of your batteries and how long did your 12 volters last?
Do you have lights that run off the #4 battery (12 volts)?

Perhaps your $$ would be better suited towards a bigger controller and new wires, as that would surely put a smile on your face when you step on the pedal! Just my 2 cents
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
You should ask yourself some questions prior to dropping ~$400 on the kit:
Do you exceed your cart's run-time with your current configuration?
Do you take good care of your batteries and how long did your 12 volters last?
Do you have lights that run off the #4 battery (12 volts)?

Perhaps your $$ would be better suited towards a bigger controller and new wires, as that would surely put a smile on your face when you step on the pedal! Just my 2 cents
he was told that on the thread below
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...precedent.html
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
he was told that on the thread below
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...precedent.html
Oh. Maybe I didn't read that thread? Putting a 36v motor on a precedent should be answered by people smarter than me anyway, cause I have no clue what you would need to get her done!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

it endup telling him to buy a controller first
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Actually, it's a different question...

On the other post I was asking about running a 36v motor on a 48v CC Precedent. On this I'm asking about converting the same 48v system (batteries) to 8-6v batteries to gain run time and AH.

I apologize if I seem to be going around in circles. I just want to make sure I get it right. And thanks to you guys I'm sure I will.

I've decided to stay with the 12v Trojans reluctantly but I'm not rich. :) I love my cart and want to do things right the first time. But at this point you guys are indicating that I can't simply swap a 36v motor to my particular cart, it's complicated and expensive to swap to the 8v or 6v mod even though it's beneficial. But I don't really need more run time so at this point it's not necessary even though it would be an improvement.

What is left is to take your advice and get the batteries first, followed by the ALLTRAX controller and either buy or build cables. Then we'll see how big my smile is.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
BTW, 4 Trojans delivered to my door $826.00. OUCH!
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car