lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
Wstaram00
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got it working all I had to do was ground the switch and the light and switch works and yes the switches are for a 12 volt install thanks for everyones help I will post pics when im done with the build

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Wstaram00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Switch wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wstaram00 View Post
I got it working all I had to do was ground the switch and the light and switch works and yes the switches are for a 12 volt install thanks for everyones help I will post pics when im done with the build

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
. . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ12530 View Post
THEORETICAL:
To find out if a system uses a frame ground all you have to do is put one hand on the frame and the other on the + terminal of one 12/8V battery. There shouldn't be a return path hence no current flow/shock. If you gradually move up the battery pack, 24/16, 36/24, 48/36, etc. you should still not feel any tingling. If the return is connected to the frame you should feel more tingling as you move up the battery string.

Now, if you suspected this, why on earth would you not just use your meter instead of your body to FEEL the juice flowing?

I would not like to test your batteries Sir!!!
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Since you asked a question I'd like to defend myself.

Do all the posters here own VOM's? It was not a battery test I was proposing, but rather a test to show that in Club Cars the batteries should be isolated from the frame. The point is I wouldn't suspect that situation.

In the 50's our local mechanic would test the high voltage coil on cars....without a VOM. We used to call him Sparky right up until he retired after losing a finger checking to see if his saw blade was sharp.
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well the newest members often do not, but are strongly encouraged too and usually get one. However, I would say most others do. No need to defend...just havin a lil fun with ya.

So tell us...did your old friend earn a new nickname? Im thinkin of a couple...
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car