lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No throttle - New Alltrax, solenoid, cables

Press the Throttle all the way down, does the light on the Alltrax controller change at all? If it simply stays green and there is zero change, the the MCOR is bad. Even thought the MCOR microswitch may be good the throttle side may not be. I have seen this before.

If the Alltrax light does change and goes to an orange color, (red and Green) at full throttle then you have a different problem.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately you took it upon yourself to reverse the diode. My advice was to check it with a DMM to see which side was + and - and remove it for a test if you wanted...Never did I say reverse it. Now the solenoid will not activate? I suspect something has popped. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I thought I had with the diagram showing the proper polarity and all? Test your micro switches for continuity..
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
Try putting switch to tow, key off. and plug charger in for a few, then unplug charger and put in run and try it.

You should have 48 volts on the side of solenoid coming from battery pack at all times while not running, once peddle is depressed you will have it on both big posts
I've been putting it on the charger and removing the charger. No luck. Yes the side from the battery always has 48VDC going to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
i have the exact same set up... and i don't see in your photo the "PRECHARGE" resistor across the heavy solenoid terminals.
the right terminal shows a heavy wire and a yellow #10 wire but the right side only shows one heavy.....
The resistor is there, it's mounted behind the bump on the solenoid, hard to see, but it's there.
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Press the Throttle all the way down, does the light on the Alltrax controller change at all? If it simply stays green and there is zero change, the the MCOR is bad. Even thought the MCOR microswitch may be good the throttle side may not be. I have seen this before.

If the Alltrax light does change and goes to an orange color, (red and Green) at full throttle then you have a different problem.
Light does not change....stays green. Last night I read something about testing the MCOR, I'll see if I can find that thread again and see if I can test it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Unfortunately you took it upon yourself to reverse the diode. My advice was to check it with a DMM to see which side was + and - and remove it for a test if you wanted...Never did I say reverse it. Now the solenoid will not activate? I suspect something has popped. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I thought I had with the diagram showing the proper polarity and all? Test your micro switches for continuity..
Uh oh.... this sounds like a $100 lesson Is there any way to test the solenoid to see if it's fried?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

micor testing procedure.....see photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg micortest1.jpg (81.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg micortest2.jpg (159.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg micortest3.jpg (87.7 KB, 7 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

I seriously doubt that flipping the diode would have caused you any problems, as I have installed them wrong before and never had problems after correcting it. The fact that now the solenoid does not activate at all, could be yet another indication of the MCOR failing. Follow the procedures and rule MCOR out or as the culprit.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I seriously doubt that flipping the diode would have caused you any problems, as I have installed them wrong before and never had problems after correcting it. The fact that now the solenoid does not activate at all, could be yet another indication of the MCOR failing. Follow the procedures and rule MCOR out or as the culprit.
Thanks guys! I'll test the MCOR this afternoon. I'm baffled by this one as everything else seems to be wired properly.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
Chipster27
Getting Wild

It's looking like the new controller is bad. Metered the MCOR and it checked out fine. I removed the Alltrax and re-installed my Curtis and everything ran fine, including the solenoid.
I have a call in to Alltrax tech support to see if there is something obvious in the programming I'm missing, but on first brush it doesn't look like it.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #19
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK, So after reading this thread for a while, I had to go check my setup, which is pretty much identical. As I suspected, I have no diode! I will be posting a new thread to cover this, but thought I'd provide that tidbit here too.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

collapsing maganetic fields (solenoid shutting off ) will produce a voltage in a coil (same way a generator works )

This voltage can back feed a VOLTAGE SPIKE into the controller and "TOAST" it.

This is the reason the diode is used....
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car