lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
662tiger27
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 1996 Ds Series, PB-6 throttle conversion

Have heard a lot about this process to eliminate the problems with the old potbox. I have a 1996 48volt series cart. It has the 5k to 0 throttle input. I have already upgraded to 4g. cables, Alltrax non-programable 400 amp controller, HD solenoid, and HD f&r switch. My potbox is bad. It Has been tested and jumps all over the place in the readings. It effects the cart's performance especially at mid-throttle. I have purchased a PB-6 throttle and it has been adjusted to the 5k to 0 input. I was hoping to get some feedback from some others who have done this conversion in a club car, and I also was hoping for some information on how it is done. My original potbox has three wires, (yellow, purple, white w/ black stripe). The yellow and purple go to the Alltrax controller, and the wht/blk goes to a micro-switch on the F&R switch. My new PB-6 has only two throttle wires with a seperate micro-switch mounted on the side. How do these two throttle wires hook into my carts system? Where do they go?
662tiger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 1996 Ds Series, PB-6 throttle conversion

I have a 98 ds and I did not use the purple and it works great
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
662tiger27
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1996 Ds Series, PB-6 throttle conversion

thanks rich, I will give it a shot without using the purple and see what happens.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
662tiger27
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1996 Ds Series, PB-6 throttle conversion

Well I finished my project. The photos show were I mounted the PB-6 throttle on the cart. Its above the the steering sector bolted to the frame of the cart. I mounted it here to keep it out of mud and other elements. Currently, I have a coat hanger serving as the linkage from the gas pedal to the throttle lever on the potbox. It works fine for now. I was not able to skip using the purple throttle wire on the cart. The controller uses a 3 wire 5k to 0 input. So I had to add a wire to the third terminal located on the back side of the potentiometer. This wire runs to the B- terminal on the controller. Hopefully this information may help someone else in the future. It was a more cost effective solution than going with the MCOR replacement. The PB-6 cost me somewhere around 50 bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0830.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0831.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0832.jpg (61.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0833.jpg (72.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0834.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car