lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
nekramp
Not Yet Wild

Question Dead Cart

I have a 02 Electric Club Car and I was pulling it out of the garage this afternoon and made it about 100 ft and it died. I put it in reverse and it tried to go a few times but wouldn't and now it wont got anywhere. I pushed it back to the garage and still nothing. When i depress the pedal i can hear a click and when I depress the pedal in reverse the buzzer goes off and i hear a click. The battery light has been going on and off whenever for the past few months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
nekramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
warro
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Dead Cart

I would start by checking the batteries & leads.
warro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW.
The battery light comes on for very low voltage, You may have 1 bad battery or several?
You will need a digital meter or the phone # of a local cart repair shop?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
nekramp
Not Yet Wild

I checked the voltage across all the batterys and had 48v. I have not taken the batteries out of the series to check each one yet tho.
nekramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekramp View Post
I checked the voltage across all the batterys and had 48v. I have not taken the batteries out of the series to check each one yet tho.
Don't need to take batteries out of series to check individually . . just connect your VOM to respective +/- terminal of individual battery to get reading . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekramp View Post
48 volts represents a 50% charge.....

you might also check the terminals for loose or burnt ends.....my light was comming on and off at intervills and then i found a burnt battery terminal that i replaced with a marine CLAMP on terminal to fix the problem . Now even with LOCK WASHERS i check terminal for loosening at regular intervills
. I have a chipmonk who a night goes into my cart with a wrench and loosens.
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car