lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
glocker17
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New member with Range Question

Hello,

I have been lurking for a while and finally picked up my first cart. 95' CC DS 48V (series cart I think). It appears to have been well cared for and came with a few extra goodies. I am using it mainly for transportation in a small golf community. I have given it the once over and am deciding what to do about batteries. Cart has a mix of T-875 batteries 2 from 2011 2 from 2010 and 2 unknown vintage Voltages don't seem great 55V on charge for the pack and about 53V when charged (individual voltages when charged are from 8.8-8.4V). I understand that this number should be 9.5V each or more, and from the previous owners notes they were as of 1/2011 when his notebook ends. The problem for me is limited range, after about 5 miles I am at ready for a recharge. I use it daily as a substitute for my car and don't mind spending a bit of funds on this project.

So, question is,

If I invest in a new pack, what kind or range should I anticipate? I realize that my usage (longish jaunts of 1 mile or more) will diminish range more than true golf usage. I am leaning on purchasing a full pack as a fresh start, rather than trying piece together a good pack.

TIA, Blake
glocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
glocker17
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New member with Range Question

Update

Just checked, my post charge voltage is now 51.5. Was gurgling and bubbling during final charge, at that time it was running around 63v. This is down from 53V a week ago:(.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I am sure that 50.9 is a full charge to the batteries. when it goes above that. It would be over charged. I do beleive the gurgling is normal process to the charge part. here is a sticky that telles you about charge percentage and state of battery.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
glocker17
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep, I checked it again this morning and its right on 51V, I must have a battery or 2 that is dropping off under load.

Based on the chart i should recharge at 80% or 50V, right? I think thats the voltage its at when things slow down, around 4-5 miles.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

under normal flat driving you should get much more than 5 miles out of a set of good batteries........if your only getting 5 miles between charges its time to check battery condition..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
ern88
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

^ Agreed!!!
ern88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocker17 View Post
Yep, I checked it again this morning and its right on 51V, I must have a battery or 2 that is dropping off under load.

Based on the chart i should recharge at 80% or 50V, right? I think thats the voltage its at when things slow down, around 4-5 miles.
First after charge you'll see 50.9 to 51+ after it settles down.

Second you should run your batteries to NO More than 48.41 or 50%. They'll last you longer that way. Get a digital gauge to monitor your battery condition all the time is another way to maximize your pack.

Third I've gone on 4 12's as much as 25 miles on a single charge. See the link below:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-6-8-volt.html

Get the new pack and make sure you take care of your batteries and they'll take care of you!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
glocker17
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talked to the local Trojan dealer today and made arrangements to take the pack in this weekend to load test each one and see whats up. I use it almost every day and I hope to make the investment last as long as possible.

As far as voltage I thought 80% was the max you were supposed to go, so 50% would be a lot harder on the pack right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car