lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stripped Motor studs

any advise on how to get the motor off. Took out the 3 11mm bolts that hold the motor to the housing. Now it just spins freely around the shaft. Tried to pull and wiggle motor back and forth but there is no play. Was thinking about prying it away from the housing but there is reall no room for a pry bar. Even if there was the cast housing looks weak. Good chance for me to crack it.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Spray some PB blaster in between the motor and the axle housing let it soak in, move the cart forward and repeat. Then use a rubber mallet to start working on it to make it come loose. When you install your new motor apply anti cease (sp?) to keep it doing it again.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

and if it cost 400$$ to fix that, get the purple PQ motor for 225$$ or there abouts

Last edited by cableguy_hd; 09-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: spelling
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

give plum quick a call. they are good people and they do Ezgo motors also.
To get the motor off do as stated above. hopefully that will help. those can give you hell getting them off.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishb8 View Post
give plum quick a call. they are good people and they do Ezgo motors also.
To get the motor off do as stated above. hopefully that will help. those can give you hell getting them off.
If you can, make or get two wood wedges and tap them into the gap between the motor and transaxle on opposite sides. Then tap on the motor with a block of wood and hammer or use a rubber hammer. Remove the wood wedges and tap the motor toward the transaxle. Do this a few times and the stuck coupling should free up!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Called plum quick and they will fix the motor for $50 plus me paying shipping there and back. I wanted to upgrade to their bandit motor but they said for a hunting cart the stock GE thin can motor would pull to many amps and they don't have any cores that i would need. Not really wanting to drop loads of money on this. I need some options. Anybody have other solutions?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Little update. i was scared to take the motor apart. thought i would mess it up. Then i decided what the heck, It's got to be fixed anyway. Pulled the motor off and took it apart. After getting off the side plate I found my problem. The crack I heard when loosening the bolt was the insulator breaking. The wires are still attached to the bolts. So now all i need to do is replace the insulator and i think it will be good to go.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good deal, that insulator should be a fairly inexpensive fix. Try your local motor shop again....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

I can just order the insulators from buggies unlimited. Doesn't look like a very hard fix. I think they are $28 for both of them. Once I got the motor apart and seen how everything fits together I think it will be easy.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #20
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Called east coast custom carts and tried to give the salesman the info off my cart. year model, number off motor, part that I needed. Asked him if he could cross reference the part i needed to the part on their site to make sure it was correct. He told me to do a google search and see if I could find the OEM part number. WTH. Who hires parts people that don't know anything about the parts they sell. Called Buggies unlimited and talked to a saleswoman. Gave her the same info. She verified everything, and gave me the oem part number. It cost a few dollars more to go thru them but it is worth it to me to talk to someone who knows what they are selling. Rant over.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO