lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Where can I buy a replacement battery charger cable end.

I picked up another ez-go the other night, this makes for 3 in my garage now. I started with an 88 that Im keeping and working on, and a 90 I got for parts. This 3rd one is going to be sold as soon as I can get it roadworthy, it needs the parking brake replaced and my battery pack transferred into it. I should turn enough of a profit to fund some new batteries and some other fun upgrades on the cart im keeping.

It came with a charger that has crumbling plastic surrounding the contacts. Id like to put a fresh end on this charger, where would I go to look for one?
MxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Where can I buy a replacement battery charger cable end.

is this the part that is bad?? or is it the black piece around that plug??

if it's the Anderson-Connector, you can get it just about anywhere, all of our sponsors should have it http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

Amazon.com: Install Bay SB50 Large Gauge Anderson Connectors 8 Gauge Red, Each: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Install Bay SB50 Large Gauge Anderson Connectors 8 Gauge Red, Each: Car Electronics
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
MxChris
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have this brand on the charger, looks exactly the same:
Amazon.com: SMH SY50 Series 8 AWG 50A Breakaway DC Power Connector: Electronics Amazon.com: SMH SY50 Series 8 AWG 50A Breakaway DC Power Connector: Electronics

I'll see if a site sponsor has what I'm looking for.

I have an EZ-GO Total Charge with the blade style termination that I know is a good charger. The cart I just picked up came with a Lestronic II with the Anderson-Connector, both are 36v. Does anyone make an adapter for chargers that terminate in the exposed blade style into the "Anderson-Connector" or visa versa? Would be handy to have around so I don't HAVE to have multiple chargers sitting around and so I can use a known good charger to eliminate one potential problem when I'm troubleshooting in the future since this appears to be a new hobby apparently.

Thanks!
MxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Both the Total Charge and Lestronic II are good chargers. They are built like tanks and 100% repairable.

I'm not sure if anyone makes adapters from one style golf cart charger plug to another style, but I suspect they would be expensive.

Personally, if I was going to build a charger with multiple style plugs, I probably put something like an electric range receptacle in a sturdy, fully enclosed, weatherproof, outlet box and install on the charger's output cable. Then I would attach the various style charger plugs needed to electric range power cords.

Or in-line male and Female Twist-Locks. The chargers put out about 20A so I'd got with 30A connectors at least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Electric Range Receptacle.jpg (11.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Electric Range Plug.jpg (11.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO