lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
76sporty
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default battery voltage

we did a mardi gras parade this weekend and i was watching the voltage, cart fulling charged was about 38.2 v. with four people on it with the peddle to the floor the voltage dropped to 34.0v...batteries dropped to 20% capacity(this was when we were leaving,on a straight away)(using battsix battery meter)is this normal?
76sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery voltage

under load then maybe so. my lcd meter drops when the pedal is pushed then climbs back up after acceleration
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think with a full load of 4 people and batteries at 20% S.O.C., 34 volts under load could be possible, especially if pulling any kind of grade. I have picked 34 volts under load as the minimum voltage I want to see for my batteries. I usually don't come close to that as I do a lot of "opportunity" charging and I don't golf. This might not be a realistic voltage to have after 18 holes of golf. Hope this helps. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the cart described in your sig-block is the one your speaking about, you have a 36V battery pack feeding a 400A controller and with a 5" lift, you most likely have oversized tires (Stock is 18" tall), so the pack voltage is going to drop quite a bit during acceleration with four souls on-board.

During routine use at maximum effort, you shouldn't load the batteries below 1.75V Per Cell, or 31.5V for an 18 cell - 36V pack.
At 34V, you were loading the batteries down to ~1.9V per cell, so you probably weren't sucking much lead off the plates.

The electrolyte in close proximity to the plates depletes under load and it takes a few minutes for the electrolyte to equilibrate throughout the cell and give you an accurate SoC reading, so to check the SoC after driving the cart, let the batteries rest at least 15 minutes before taking the reading.

What Amp-Hour batteries and how old are they?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO