lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New to me golf cart will not move. What is it?

On a side note after seeing this cluster mess of wires makes me glad I accidently ended up with a series. Just sayin... ;) Just curious tho as I am still learning what is the upsides to this VS my setup? There has to be some reason they complicated things.... Right?
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a Regen1 converted to Regen2. That third photo confirms it. That's the adapter plug I was talking about....... A potential issue may be that controller. While I can't verify this from experience, I can explain to you what was explained to me by a Club Car technician...

I had a few Regen2 controllers laying around at one time. I asked the Tech Reps at Club Car if I could just order the conversion harness and use my own controllers and I was told that I could not. I asked why and they told me that the controllers weren't the same. There's something different about them. The controller in the conversion kit is designed to operate without a tow/run switch (like a regen1). The OEM Regen2 controller works on a Regen2 car with a tow/run switch. What I'm getting at is the fact that the date code on your controller is 2000. This is before the conversion kit was released. This could be your issue. My recommendation: Rip all of this crap out and convert the cart to a series car or an IQ car. I know it's going to be pricy, but chasing problems on a Regen1 or Regen2 car can be more of a headache than they are worth sometimes.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Post 8 picture 1, why is that bolt undone?
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
jbailey
Not Yet Wild

TahoeDawgZ71 thanks for the info. Any way to verify that it is the controller? right now I am leaning towards the controller or the motor. If I have to buy a new controller what would be a good recommendation and what do I tell them I have? Do I need to replace the motor as well? Not looking to build a drag car.

I will keep doing more research on series see what I come up with.

Dave Box that was where the wire from the solenoid went I remove it to get the solenoid out for inspection

eventually want to put a top and rear fold down seat any idea what model so I could order parts for this? Is it even worth it?
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car