lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Ian5013
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax 500, D&Dmotor, new 8v Trojans.. I only get reverse

Hi guys.. I have a 2006 36v PDS. Tore it down to the frame and started my hunting buggy project. Powder coated frame, new Trojan 8v batts, alltrax 500, D&Dmotor, 2Ga wires throughout, disk brakes.... Lots of goodies.

Got them all hooked up. Have a green light on the controller. Only goes in reverse. Even when it's switched to forward. Have the switch wired Orange on top, grey then green. The beeper beeps continuously on all 3 positions (f/n/r) switched the red/grnblk wires on the beeper now there's no beep at all.

I switched the F1/2 just to check if I get forward. That worked. But forward in reverse now. What am I missing? I know it has to be something simple. I hope.

I triple checked all the main wires and I'm good to go there. The small red/yellow/blue wires im pretty sure are right as well. I have blue on the neg small post, yellow on the pos( the diode is in the right direction) and red to the main post coming from the battery to the solenoid.

I'm looking at the diagram from alltrax and it shows 3 wires that need to be attached to the small pos. post, a red wire and wht/yellow wire. But there aren't any more wires to hook up!!! At my wits end here.
Ian5013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 500, D&Dmotor, new 8v Trojans.. I only get reverse

I see 4 threads started on this cart in 2 days for the same problem

Generally speaking starting a new thread makes it harder for anyone trying to help. They loose the benefit of anything posted in the previous thread.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Check the orange wire in the alltrax adapter. i had the same issue. the wire had came loose. call up alltrax and they will send you another one if that is what it is. Let us know
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your F&R switch may be wired wrong. See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo pds wire diagram.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian5013 View Post
Hi guys.. I have a 2006 36v PDS. Tore it down to the frame and started my hunting buggy project. Powder coated frame, new Trojan 8v batts, alltrax 500, D&Dmotor, 2Ga wires throughout, disk brakes.... Lots of goodies.

Got them all hooked up. Have a green light on the controller. Only goes in reverse. Even when it's switched to forward. Have the switch wired Orange on top, grey then green. The beeper beeps continuously on all 3 positions (f/n/r) switched the red/grnblk wires on the beeper now there's no beep at all.

I switched the F1/2 just to check if I get forward. That worked. But forward in reverse now. What am I missing? I know it has to be something simple. I hope.

I triple checked all the main wires and I'm good to go there. The small red/yellow/blue wires im pretty sure are right as well. I have blue on the neg small post, yellow on the pos( the diode is in the right direction) and red to the main post coming from the battery to the solenoid.

I'm looking at the diagram from alltrax and it shows 3 wires that need to be attached to the small pos. post, a red wire and wht/yellow wire. But there aren't any more wires to hook up!!! At my wits end here.
Sounds like you might have a bad PDS to DCX adapter and you for sure have the wrong schematic. (Correct one attached.)

Check the voltage on Pin-4 on top of the DCX controller.
It should only have voltage on it when F/R is in R.
If you have it there all the time, the adapter has a shorted diode in it, or it is miswired.

Also, this would be why the beeper is on all the time (controller thinks Reverse is selected and is sounding beeper)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX In PDS- Full.jpg (261.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #6
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I posted the factory PDS diagram because I suspected his f&r switch wiring is wrong. That wiring doesn't change. The cart was torn down to the frame so a mis-pin is possible.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I posted the factory PDS diagram because I suspected his f&r switch wiring is wrong. That wiring doesn't change. The cart was torn down to the frame so a mis-pin is possible.
He posted the wire and pin locations in another thread and I checked - they were correct. So long as gray is in the middle you cannot have reverse in F&R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS F&R DIAGRAM.jpg (101.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Ian5013
Not Yet Wild

Glad you caught that Scotty. Thank you. Still new at this
Old 11-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
Ian5013
Not Yet Wild

Getting power to the 4pin( Orange) at the controller as well
Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #10
Ian5013
Not Yet Wild

Also noticing the solenoid getting warm. Normal?

Tags
alltrax 500
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO