lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default End result figured, get me there, plz

Didn't want to invade anothers thread, so, My first thought for my 08 PDS TXT, lifted etc.... was 30 mph, and to tool around town, then take it to the camp ground, also to the local course for a round of gold... funny they won't let me drive my cart on their course, huh. So, now, after trying to tackle a few hills at the camp ground, thoughts have changed.... torque and distance and 25mph... I know, can't have the cake and eat it too... but, I need a bit more torque, speed is just for travel, and I figure distance will follow speed.. steer me straight 'Thugs!'..lol
bigpoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: End result figured, get me there, plz

On a PDS cart a 400 or 500 amp Alltrax control will give you 3-40% more amperage for torque and 24mph on the flats.

Check out Pkg #808 and a good 4g or 2g cable set to get the improvement you need.
http://cartsunlimited.net/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You originally suggested the #909 pkg... was that from my first thoughts of 30mph?.... and or are the 909 and 808 similar enough... I guess i'm asking, the is the 808 better for torque and the 909 for a bit more speed?? I am going to the 2 guage cables, and probably new batteries in the spring, happy bday to me'.. now, 8-6's will give me a bit longer run time??? speed and torque should be pretty much the same as 6-8's?? and again thanks Scottyb!!!!

Last edited by bigpoppi; 09-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: courtesy
Old 09-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppi View Post
You originally suggested the #909 pkg... was that from my first thoughts of 30mph?.... and or are the 909 and 808 similar enough... I guess i'm asking, the is the 808 better for torque and the 909 for a bit more speed?? I am going to the 2 guage cables, and probably new batteries in the spring, happy bday to me'.. now, 8-6's will give me a bit longer run time??? speed and torque should be pretty much the same as 6-8's?? and again thanks Scottyb!!!!
The 400amp controller pkg will give you what you ask for in this thread. When you ask for 30mph I suggest a larger controller to feed the larger motor you wilol have to buy to reach that speed .......LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
bigpoppi
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the #808 a better/gentler fit staying with a stock motor... figuring upping to 48v, 2guage wires and the 808 controller?.. and to add another thought that has come up.. I've noticed that with less pressure in the tires, 7lbs, the cart seems to be a bit more stable than with 15... at 15 lbs, the cart has a mind of it's own, it swerves at top speed.. I'm guessing that's the compromise, pressure up to what I want and need.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO