lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
Choppa Jon
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow Hill Climbing

I just got both my drive and driven clutches back from Dixie Sales and for some reason my cart runs the same up hills. I replaced the fuel pump with a high volume, added the jet kit, replaced the drive clutch spring with the longer one and had the whole clutch gone over by Dixie. I also had the longers spring put in the driven clutch and had it machined. For some reason my cart is still really slow climbing hills. Actually there is no difference before and after. Am I missing something becaue I know Dixie is really good at what they do. I have a 92 Carryal with a 6" lift and I only have the FE 290 motor so I know that is part of the problem. Any suggestions

Thanks

Jon
Choppa Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #2
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Slow Hill Climbing

I had this problem going up hills that were graduall. But a hill that I started from a dead stop, I could climb like crazy. Maybe if you let of the gas for a second to disengage clutch then hammer it you will get your bottom end back if you know what I mean.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Choppa Jon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Slow Hill Climbing

That may be a good idea. I will try it.
Choppa Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car