lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Default Burn outs

Hi all. I love this site. I have learned so much from this site.. I have a decent handle on series set ups also shunt wound set ups . Don't fool with AC drive at all but that might be next. I've built so higher voltage carts (72 volts). Built some higher speed carts 35 mph plus carts. Of opcoarse they arent what you guys are impressed with but I'm getting there. Here's my question. If I want to pull a cart out the garage that puts some fear into someone by burning up a set of tires , how do I go about doing this. Gearing? Amparage? Optical illusions? seriously. What is deeded to get a TXT to burn out? Help me smoke some tires? Maybe I need to be talked to like a beginner but I might be able to handle so of the jargin you techies use. I would love some input. Of corse I'm seeing videos of drag carts on You tube , I have no interest in golf cart speed records. I'm sure 65 mph will make me happy for a mimute or two. Lol.
Seriously. Any input on some smoke would be extremely appreciated.
Than,you.
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Burn outs

Front brakes would be a start. LOL

All electric carts are rear heavy, they are more inclined to do a wheelie than a burn out.

Most carts have open differentials so your only burning one tire at a time.

My modified BBB does a nice front wheel burnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8C9T06m1EU

Thats with 72 volts, 450 amp Alltrax and a D&D torque motor.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Big controller, big motor, big cables, big "everything electrical". Lithium batteries for reduced weight in the rear and big amps with little voltage sag. Brakes in the front, with a way to "line lock" them. Weight in the front to make the front brakes effective at holding the front still. As far as gasers go, big street bike motor will generate tire smoke.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Front brakes would be a start. LOL

All electric carts are rear heavy, they are more inclined to do a wheelie than a burn out.

Most carts have open differentials so your only burning one tire at a time.

My modified BBB does a nice front wheel burnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8C9T06m1EU

Thats with 72 volts, 450 amp Alltrax and a D&D torque motor.
Well ok not a gasser so let's get away from that. I always follow the rest of those rules. Bigger wires, more amprage and more voltage. I've never built a cart with a torque motor. Don't actually understand why more torque is better than higher RPM motors but hoping someone will help and explain. I get locking the front brakes eve though I have t done this. Well yet. Also I don't to the litiium batteries. It's a money thing. I have looked at videos on ,You Tube and see these electrify carts coming up to the start line and just burning up the tires. Is it that simpls? Power ,? Voltage? amparage? And locking the front wheels?
Last question for now. Is there an easy way to post pictures and videos to this site? I've tried before with no luck, Now I'm an IPad guy I don't even own a computer. I use my 3 iPads and I phones for everything . Take that back I do have a cheap lap top I use to program my Alltrax controllers. Does this matter. I have some cool builds I would love to share but I just struggle putting pictures on this site.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Fozzy
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what is meant by doing a modified bbb
Old 11-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
I'm not sure what is meant by doing a modified bbb
Its a 2007 Bad Boy Buggy. They were built from EZGO golf carts. The old ones are all electric. Some like mine are 4 wheel drive.

I bought mine used and not running. I rewired it and put in 2 Alltrax 72450 controllers in it, one for the front and one for the rear. So its 72 volt 900 amp total.

Top speed with 25 inch tires is 30mph on the road.

Heres the video of the rear burnout with some old 18 inch tires.

Once I get the limited slip kits for the front and back Ill try a 4 wheel burnout.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

Fozzy don't say u never installed a high torque motor, didn't we put one on the the p.d.r. guys club car? His was doing wheelies after. Now lets start with a stretched frame, go with eight 6 volt batteries with the highest mah we can find. Center the batteries more forward. So we have a lager distance between batteries, and rear end. We can fit a workhorse 1200 body to accompany the stretched frame. Would have to custom something for the rear bed though. High torque rear gear, controller motor. Find a front brake that will accompany the factory spindles, put the drop kit, flip leaf with 10' white moons (aka my lift kit). If that don't spin the tires, ill rip the I.T.S. out!
uwantsumofthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

My IPhone 5 and Ipad mini 1 does pics well, try a update. GET A AVATAR!
uwantsumofthis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spinning tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!