lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
genemo3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

Thanks for the great information. I've read lots of good comments about Plum Quick motors and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how long they last under normal (on road, light usage) conditions.
genemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

There are many here that have PlumQuick motors in their carts. Of the folks I know personally, all have been quite happy with them including myself. I’m happy to see they’re a sponsor here on BGW as well… Robby, Rick and Carson, (their Dad,) are all great people.

By the way... take a look at their site... Light Usage??? Robby has the worlds fastest golf cart and their motors can be made for just about any usage you can imagine
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #33
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

How ya doing Scuba?, long time,...sorry for the hijack!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #34
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
How ya doing Scuba?, long time,...sorry for the hijack!
No problem BSR... I also noticed an old thread by you is active again! So when are you going to tweak your Precedent???
Old 06-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #35
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Scuba,
I have found my "mojo" once again. I've been reading through alot of old threads to see where I will start with the Precedent. It's probably going to be a 500amp Alltrax, so it will handle any future upgrades as far as motors. What do you think, did you ever add the 400amp Alltrax to yours, I bet your torque would double! Let me know what else you done. I'm going to drop $500 somewhere on this cart just to get my feet wet again! Also, looks like Jakes make a LT for the Precedent now, I just haven't seen one installed...could be in my future. Take care.
B
Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
Greg Moss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what did it do to your battery life? have you measured your range?
Greg Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #37
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Moss View Post
what did it do to your battery life? have you measured your range?
I average 20+ miles per charge and I've gone more then 25 miles per charge... it depends on how fast my average speed is.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #38
Greg Moss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I average 20+ miles per charge and I've gone more then 25 miles per charge... it depends on how fast my average speed is.
I want to make mine faster but hate to loose to much range. If I could keep at least 20 miles that would be cool. I'm going to have to call them. I would also like to hear when you change the controller how much more performance you get. I have already got the big cables, I was bored one day and made my own.. Really I got a cool cart but just not fast enough and slows big time going up a hill on the way to the store. I think in the end I will get a Plum Quick motor and a 400 controller. Mine runs 15-16 now. 20-25 would be great. I have a Club Car 48 volt DS with a lift and a bunch of other goodies.
Greg Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #39
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Moss View Post
I want to make mine faster but hate to loose to much range. If I could keep at least 20 miles that would be cool. I'm going to have to call them. I would also like to hear when you change the controller how much more performance you get. I have already got the big cables, I was bored one day and made my own.. Really I got a cool cart but just not fast enough and slows big time going up a hill on the way to the store. I think in the end I will get a Plum Quick motor and a 400 controller. Mine runs 15-16 now. 20-25 would be great. I have a Club Car 48 volt DS with a lift and a bunch of other goodies.
Robby at PQ is working on a Plug & Play, IQ to Series system that should be out in a month or two... with speeds up to 40mph. Of course it will cost more then just doing a Purple Motor along with a controller upgrade. My cart is just the Purple Motor with the stock controller. I am going to go with the Plug&Play IQ to Series when it comes out though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0959.jpg (78.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0971.jpg (78.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0973.jpg (68.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #40
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Ah...ha....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car