lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default remove pass.side rear axle

I have a 96 dcs i am trying to do a brake job on. Well the drum on the pass side wouldn't come off. I adjusted the brakes all the way down and still nothing. I put a puller and heat on it, mushroomed the tip of the axle,I can fix that no problem. After that i started cutting then nicked the splines and i'm sure i melted the grease out of the bearing. So after all that i need to take the axle out i got the outside snap ring off.That is as far as i got so far i didn;t know if there is another ring inside or not.
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: remove pass.side rear axle

No other ring. They can be a ***** to get off sometimes. Try soaking the splines and let it cool a while. I had to build a puller but ended up bending the puller. The good news is your splines are not stripped.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
crosswired
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I built a puller out of 2 3/8" flat bar and bent them both. I finally got the drum off now i need to get the axle out so i can repack the bearings and clean the splines and threads. Who ever did the last brake job must have lost the rear push rods cause both left and right were in backwards and will not fit in the sleve the correct way so the rear brake was being pushed inward instead of toward the drum
crosswired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Boris
DELETED

Good deal .......... When you put the thing back together, don't spare the anti-seize.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
mahonhm
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

turn hud around - crank nut down - should pull it out- maybe a little mallet to the back side. this just worked for me lol
mahonhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
ames_007
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswired View Post
I have a 96 dcs i am trying to do a brake job on. Well the drum on the pass side wouldn't come off. I adjusted the brakes all the way down and still nothing. I put a puller and heat on it, mushroomed the tip of the axle,I can fix that no problem. After that i started cutting then nicked the splines and i'm sure i melted the grease out of the bearing. So after all that i need to take the axle out i got the outside snap ring off.That is as far as i got so far i didn;t know if there is another ring inside or not.
I removed mine this weekend. I had to heat up the axle nut to get it off with an impact dril (342 ft-lbs I think it is) then with a hammer I tapped the drum until it loosened and then helped pulling it out with 2 screw drivers.
ames_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO