lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 PM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: DS IQ Computer settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DS IQ View Post
Thanks for your comments Rdaystrom and Butterface,
I think I'd be happy with about 20 mph, at least for a while, however the nearest Club Car dealer I have found on their locater site is 66 miles from here, and i'd have to borrow my son's truck, so with loading and unloading, the drive the wait at the dealer and all that, it's atleast another half a day, whereas a motor swap is a bolt up job in 30 minutes.
I would have expected that there was an enterprising Club Car dealer on this forum who would tweek a 'mail-in' IQ system and send it back fixed. the computer looks smaller than a book and I expect in 15 minutes I'd have it out, seems absurd to truck the entire cart 130 miles for a software tweek?
Usually some helpful fellow has figured a way around manufacturer's planned difficulties.
Actually the CC Dealer needs the serial number off your controller then sends it in to CC and in about 2 weeks or longer will get a package in the mail with your new code sticker. Then that same CC Dealer will need to use their programming tool to... program that code into your controller.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
Here's a few pictures of the bus conversion we did as a home school project, finished it ten years ago.

It's gorgeous! You did it up like a Prevost! Very Nice.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #13
06 DS IQ
Not Yet Wild

Here are the 'before' pictures.
I'm kind of stuck with the 18" tire size so that i can load it into the bus bay. our main customizing hurdles with the cart are air suspension which will allow me to adjust the ride height till the tires all but rub the wheel wells and fabricating a tilt wheel that drops the steering wheel against the floor, just in front of the seat, which involves shortening the steering column, and a bunch of other machine shop details.
I have seen a few rear end gear change offerings and wondered if that's something I should consider in light of my mandated tire diameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012 Extr Before (2).jpg (65.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 013 Bus Fwr (2).jpg (59.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 015 Dash Before (2).jpg (54.3 KB, 13 views)
06 DS IQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
06 DS IQ
Not Yet Wild

Wow that software tweek sound considerably more expensive than a new motor! isn't there anyone out there who's hacked a way around it?
am I right that the IQ is the small cigarette sized charcoal box about 1/2' thick with the negative battery lead going through a current sensing coil? Does the Curtis speed controler work without it? or is the IQ system actually built into the Curtis?
Is the controler in your President also only 250amps?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Wow that software tweek sound considerably more expensive than a new motor! isn't there anyone out there who's hacked a way around it?
am I right that the IQ is the small cigarette sized charcoal box about 1/2' thick with the negative battery lead going through a current sensing coil? Does the Curtis speed controler work without it? or is the IQ system actually built into the Curtis?
IQ is just a name given to your cart as in a model with a specific type of system. Your cart is a DS IQ which consists of a Curtis Controller, as most carts have now a days as well as an OBC or on board computer that controls the charging of your cart. The OBC is what has the cable going through it and the controller is the black rectangle box with 6 gauge wires connected to it as well as a couple of smaller wire plugs. Your controller can work without the OBC but the cart will not charge unless you modify the receptacle plug.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Actually the cost is usually around $100 for the whole setup by most CC dealers.

And yes my controller is around 250 amps as well.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
06 DS IQ
Not Yet Wild

So you are saying the OBC is not the govorner, nor the regen braking part of the control, but only battery charging?
Where did you get your cool Disney License plate? I saw a really neat Ft Wilderness one on the front of a cart the other week and wondered where I could get one.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
So you are saying the OBC is not the govorner, nor the regen braking part of the control, but only battery charging?
Where did you get your cool Disney License plate? I saw a really neat Ft Wilderness one on the front of a cart the other week and wondered where I could get one.
Yes, the OBC is JUST for monitoring the battery condition and controlling the PowerDrive charger. The Curtis controller is what does the rest.

Disney plate on the coach was from a couple of years back at one of the Trading Posts inside Ft. Wilderness. The one that was on my cart is a current 3D plate that I saw a couple of still at the Trading Posts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car