lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
03FATBOY
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 club car 48v//just clicks loud

At hunting lease i went up hills i usually dont go up. Cart ran fine, parked to go check cameras and came back and now just clicks "hard or loud" i work at an auto shop and 1 of my guys checked it and thought it was speed controller. $300 + later, did not fix it. Please help!!!!!!!!
03FATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 01 club car 48v//just clicks loud

welcome, 1st things 1st...............you said you went up a few hills? grab and pull each battery cable make sure you didn,t have one melt and make sure all connections are clean and tight........if all,s ok than start with batteries, check water levels than get a voltage meter and take voltage readings from each battery and than entire pack..........than load test batteries to make sure you don,t have one dropping out under load..............post your voltage #,s before and after load test and we can go from there..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

( IF ) your batterys test out ok as SHADOWMAN says then check solenoid for internal contact. Just because it clicks doesnt mean its making contact? Jack up rear wheels and place on jack stands, block front wheels and jumper across 2 large posts on solenoid and if motor runs replace solenoid. WARNING dont let motor run more than a few seconds as it can ruin windings and possibly throw pieces out?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
03FATBOY
Not Yet Wild

Fortunately my dad and my vo-tech teacher taught me basics first. All cables were cleaned and I checked battery water and all were at just above paper. All load tests came out good. Dont have #'s for you, but they are only a year old and we called interstate for testing details on the workaholic series. I will do the relay test tomorrow. I really appreciate the help guys. Big hunting trip coming up with my twin boys and cart shops are 3-4 weeks out.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
03FATBOY
Not Yet Wild

Replaced f/r switch and got reverse, but no forward. What now????
Old 10-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You hooked up F&R control incorrect? Is cart a series ( lever under right leg ) or IQ ( rocker switch under right leg ) If Series the following is correct connections by wire color
looking at F&R control from backside ( toward batterys )
Upper Right side "BLUE" wire going to controller M minus terminal
Bottom Left "WHITE" wire going to A-2 on motor
( Rotating plate on back of F&R )
Left side "BLUE" going to Motor S-2 post
Right side "Orange" going to Motor S-1 post
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
03FATBOY
Not Yet Wild

Got it guys, thank you. My tech hooked motor up wrong after testing it. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car