lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #41
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse Front Lift Question?

Yes, if you replace those shackles on the rear it should allow you enough clearance to do what you are wanting. You can move the leaf springs on top of the axle, but with how you are talking about lifting the front I think it will be higher in the back.

As others have said, lift the front first and then determine how to lift the back. Shackles are the easiest way to go (4 bolts vs 14 to put axle on top)

I lifted my 08 EZGO ST 2 with a 6" jakes spindle lift which requires the leafs to be put on top of the axle and it was a bear to do by myself
auburn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #42
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn17 View Post
Yes, if you replace those shackles on the rear it should allow you enough clearance to do what you are wanting. You can move the leaf springs on top of the axle, but with how you are talking about lifting the front I think it will be higher in the back.

As others have said, lift the front first and then determine how to lift the back. Shackles are the easiest way to go (4 bolts vs 14 to put axle on top)

I lifted my 08 EZGO ST 2 with a 6" jakes spindle lift which requires the leafs to be put on top of the axle and it was a bear to do by myself
Yeah..it is simple, not easy...lol.

It does look easier than it is...
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #43
reinman88
Gone Wild

Talked to a couple people today, one being my mechanic, and they agreed, lift the front first and then just put longer shackles on the back to even it up.

I'll need shock extenders all the way around now, but that's not a big thing.

The dealer where I bought the cart said he has some of the spring plates I need for the front on hand, so I think, I might try to swing by there on Thursday and pick those up. He was going to look out back for the brackets for a top and see if there was an old front bumper out there too, so maybe I can get everything I need in one trip. Just need some black gas pipe and I'm ready to go.

It would help if it would warm up some. Suppose to be in the 30s this weekend so it might be a little cool in the barn.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #44
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yeah, I thought I was going to do mine by myself, but I ended up calling on my reliable dad to help. You da man for doing it by yourself. Looking back, I wish I'd have just made some longer shackles or bought some, cause my rear is sitting about 1.5 inches higher than the front. We've talked about drilling the holes closer together on the stock shackles to even it up.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #45
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrone View Post
Yeah, I thought I was going to do mine by myself, but I ended up calling on my reliable dad to help. You da man for doing it by yourself. Looking back, I wish I'd have just made some longer shackles or bought some, cause my rear is sitting about 1.5 inches higher than the front. We've talked about drilling the holes closer together on the stock shackles to even it up.
I tried to drill holes in mine too, it looked good in the barn, but when I went riding the shackles shifted too much (all the way forward) Rocknrone, If you will take some stock TXT shackles and put them on your cart it will even it out for you. That is what I did. My local EZGo dealer just gave them to me. OR you and reinman could just excahnge shackles with each other. You each have the shackles the other one needs.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #46
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I tried to drill holes in mine too, it looked good in the barn, but when I went riding the shackles shifted too much (all the way forward) Rocknrone, If you will take some stock TXT shackles and put them on your cart it will even it out for you. That is what I did. My local EZGo dealer just gave them to me. OR you and reinman could just excahnge shackles with each other. You each have the shackles the other one needs.
I thought reinman was trying to go higher also..wouldn't he get the same result ?
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #47
auburn17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csason View Post
I thought reinman was trying to go higher also..wouldn't he get the same result ?
No, rocknrone has an ST 2, which came with a 2" lift from the factory and he added a 6" spindle lift to it. All the 2" lift consists of in the rear is the longer shackles.

Rocknrone is trying to remove the 2" lift (shackles) off of the rear and only have the 6". So he needs the stock shackles off of a TXT

reinman is trying to lift the back of his so he needs some 2" lift shackles, and do away with the stock txt shackles
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #48
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the help.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #49
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
reinman is trying to lift the back of his so he needs some 2" lift shackles, and do away with the stock txt shackles
The shackles that I currently have are 4 inches long. They are 2 1/2 inches center of bolt to center of bolt.

I figured if I found shackles that were 5 inches center of bolt to center of bolt, I'd gain 2 1/2 inches on my lift, which should match up with the 2 inches I will gain on the front by going springs over axle up there.

Of course I'm not sure I'll actually get 2 1/2 inches of lift. Since the front connection of the back springs will not move, but actually just pivot as the back comes up. I don't think a 2 1/2 inch lift at the back of the rear spring will result in that much gain at the front of the rear spring.

Does that make sense?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #50
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
I'm trying to go higher in the back, rocknrone is trying to go lower because he moved his spring over his axles. When you combine the spring over axle and his longer shackles, it's too high. But if he used shorter shackles, like the ones on my cart, he should be at the right spot.

Since I'm only going to lift the front 2 inches, I can leave my springs below the axle, and just gain the lift I need by shackles that are about the length that rocknrone currently has.

Of course I won't be 100% sure how long I'll need until after I lift the front and experiment a little on the back to get it right.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO