lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
wuzafed
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 48v cc solenoid will not click

I posted a message on the "introduction" page by mistake. can it be moved here? Sorry I am new to this....
wuzafed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 48v cc solenoid will not click

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzafed View Post
I posted a message on the "introduction" page by mistake. can it be moved here? Sorry I am new to this....
I help maintain a fleet of 5 2003 Club Car carts that are all identical. The model number for one of the carts is AQ0340-332417. All of the connections I have checked appear to be clean and solid. I am having a problem with several carts where the solenoid does not close so we are not getting power to the motor. We obtained the carts in 2005 and most have had the batteries replaced since we have been using them. We are a non-profit and have very limited funds for repairs.

Where should I start? I have been trying to trace the blue wire and the black-white stripe wire that go to the solenoid, but I have not been able to find the exact wire diagram that matches our carts. I think these wires close the solenoid to allow the power to flow. The diagram posted here is very close, but it has differences and the colors are wrong for the wires.

The symptoms are the same on three of the carts where the potentiometer will click but the solenoid does not click and therefore the cart will not go. I tapped the solenoid on two of the carts and they have been running since. On the third cart the tap on the solenoid did not help. This cart was running fine and after turning it off it will not run now. What is the probable cause? I am beginning to think I have the same problem on several carts with different causes.... Help.... Thank You
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like all solenoid problems, the sticky ones will fail eventually. Verify you are getting pack voltage at the solenoid small posts when try but the cart 'won't go'. If you have voltage at the 2 small terminals and the solenoid does not click then it is bad.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
wuzafed
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the quick response. I was hopeing that I was missing something easy, like a bad connection someplace, that was a common problem. The solenoids are available locally, after a 3 day wait, and are about $92 plus tax. Does that sound about right? Thanks again....
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
wuzafed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again Scotty, I plan to go over to the place I donate my spare time to check the voltage like you suggested. (This is the first chance I have to go over). Just to make sure I do it right, if I hook up the pos of my meter to the small blue wire on the solenoid and the black/neg lead from the meter to the chassie. Then when I depress the go pedal after turning key on, having it in gear and t/r to run, I should get a reading correct? Sorry for being such a rookie here, I'm just trying to help a worth while cause save some money.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AN electric vehicle does not have a chassis ground.
The solenoid needs pack voltage (36 or48v?) across the two small terminals to activate the switch, which is what you hear click. put your meter on the 2 small terminals and with the key on cart in gear (one wheel jacked off the ground for safety) depress the peddle you should have pack voltage across the two small terminals. IF not take one lead to the pack and see which one you are missing ~ Positive or negative... and then trace it back from there. No click check the F&R micro-switch.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
wuzafed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again Scotty. I hope to get back over there Tuesday and I will have another person, who understands these a lot more then me, there too. I will pass this info along and let you know what we find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car