lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Sound Dampening Material

I have heard a lot of folks saying they like hearing the sounds the engine makes. I am the opposite. Most of the original insulation in the campartment of my 89 marathon 2 stroke is shot and I am looking for a suitable material to both insulate from excess heat and dampen the sound coming from under there as much as possible. I would like some suggestions on the best, affordable material to accomplish this. Thanks
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Sound Dampening Material

I find it interesting that nobody has posted anything regarding this. Seems to me like an interesting subject. Although some of the people here LIVE to hear the engine roar
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Sound Dampening Material

Check your local auto parts store for a sound deadening mat. I can't remember the name but it is also used for a heat barrier. I think it comes in sheets and rolls. A lot of the custom custom car builders use it and from what I've seen it's easy to install.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
mitch_04
Not Yet Wild

Dynamate extreme, spendy but great stuff. Otherwise buy cheap stuff off ebay, fatmat or similiar. The dynamat is great stuff, have it on my car for stereo, really deadens the crap outta metal.
mitch_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
2001bluebird
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

On my 1989 E-Z-GO i have sound deading material on the removeable panel in front of the "bag holder", some i believe that is supposed to protect my butt on the seat bottom, I was told this is a very smooth running engine and have found that to be VERY true, mine is very quiet.

The stuff on the removable panel is made of a foam material.
2001bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO