lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
heathdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Loss of power

Purchased a 2008 precedent for the family for Christmas. Speed was just ok at first but never pulled hills very well. Has gotten worse since. Batteries read 52 to 54 volts after charging and after driving. Decided to test voltage while driving and voltage dropped to 45v pulling hills and 48v on flat ground to 51v going downhill. Just wondering if the batteries need replacing or there could be another problem.
heathdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Loss of power

if they are staying at 48 volts under load and not recovering that i would say they are on their way out and you might want to replace them......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
heathdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Shadowman, thanks for the response. Again, I don't know if I'm understanding when you say not recovering. The only time the voltage seems to drop below 48v is when I'm on a slight incline or a hill. On flat ground I'm seeing 48v to 49v. then when I hit the hill (going up) it drops to around 44v then coming down the hill they jump up to 52v (regen ?) back on level ground back to 48v-49v.
Thanks, again,
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a battery pack showing good voltage, but loss of power just as you described. It still turned out to be one bad battery in the pack. Hopefully someone can chime in and explain the proper procedure for testing each individual battery and what its voltage should read. I took mine to work and there had the entire pack discharged completely to find the culprit....all read 12 volts at discharge except the bad one....9.8volts.

Replaced it and all is good again.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

when your putting them under load say 1 battery at a time and it drops to say 7.9 volts it should recover some voltage while under load say it bottoms at 7.9 it should work back up to an acceptable voltage.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
heathdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Loss of power

Thank you both for your input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car