lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #101
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 1987 Marathon Build thread

Yeah, Dad left a stable full behind, '41 Willys, '63 Caddy Convert, '67 T-bird, '64 Lincoln Sedan, couple of old Metropolitans, '39 Crosley Coupe ... Those were HIS "Golf Carts", LOL
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #102
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

And as to the removal, yeah - you're going to have NO choice but to cut the belt if it won't spin .... The water *may* be strictly an exhaust thing, my '88 had a pipe full when I dragged her home too. I would still spend the $4.96 at Wally World on the Marvel, pull the motor and give it a shot - I got almost 2 full, wholesome, happy years out of the top end on mine before the rebuild and as I mentioned, I was looking at a similar puddle.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #103
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would also try the marvel get it freed and running and go like he$$. Brew that crosley sounds cool!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #104
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I've used kerosene a few times with success.Once on a 1927 Farmall Regular that sat for probably the better part of 30 years.Once I got ahold of some Marvel though I never looked back.Kero is cheaper, but Marvel will free it if anything will.I'm just hoping the engine isn't full of water.That could be hell if it needs rebuilt.Aluminum just loves to knit fast to steel.Still, there's always a way if you're determined.Keep at it.And paint it some kind of dark green color.You'd have a frog with those headlights.

And Brew, I'm completely jealous of you >:P
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #105
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Yeah, Dad left a stable full behind, '41 Willys, '63 Caddy Convert, '67 T-bird, '64 Lincoln Sedan, couple of old Metropolitans, '39 Crosley Coupe ... Those were HIS "Golf Carts", LOL

Please post some pics in the hot rod section!!! Love old cars.
rjc799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #106
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As I said, took the muffler, and generator off. You can see some of the water in the second pic.

and here is a better pic the water that came out of the exhaust when I removed it.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #107
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So far.....bought a new ignition, solenoid, battery, battery cables, some new hardware, etc. I am done purchasing anything else until I get a status on the motor.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #108
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW, I think I have a sickness. I am sitting here contemplating going out and tearing into it some more BEFORE I have to wake up my three kids for school.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #109
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

yep - it's definitely a sickness, LOL - and you're NOT done spending until you go buy some MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, Young Man !!!!!

(speaking of sickness, last night I was thinking it's too bad You didn't live closer, I'd just take a day or two and come help you git-er-done - not like I don't have enough of my OWN stuff to do, LOL)

BTW, that's really not a lot of water, actually looks from the pics like less than my pipe had in it - I *did* have the advantage of a motor that spun, but seriously, by the looks of things the two carts are about identical regarding the condition they started in
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #110
rjc799
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
yep - it's definitely a sickness, LOL - and you're NOT done spending until you go buy some MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, Young Man !!!!!

(speaking of sickness, last night I was thinking it's too bad You didn't live closer, I'd just take a day or two and come help you git-er-done - not like I don't have enough of my OWN stuff to do, LOL)

BTW, that's really not a lot of water, actually looks from the pics like less than my pipe had in it - I *did* have the advantage of a motor that spun, but seriously, by the looks of things the two carts are about identical regarding the condition they started in
Yeah, I get the mod bug all the time. I owned my truck for less than two months and 1000 miles when I had the complete suspension sitting in my driveway. Luckily, my wife is used to it.

I do wish you were closer, it is always nice to have someone here that actually knows what they are doing. Maybe you need a vacation to Virginia Beach

The Marvel will be purchased on my way home tonight. :)

It wasn't a LOT of water, but enough for it not to be considered condensation. Hopefully mine will run like yours by the time I am done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO