lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
s10rocket
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question "02" 48V Clubcar won't move

Hello, my parents have a 2002 48V clubcar they use at the campground. I was drafted to get this thing going and I'm not sure where to even start. They have been having trouble lately with it not wanting to move and it has gotten worse. At this point it will not do anything. I have checked voltage across the batteries and we are getting 50.1 volts at full charge. With the key in the "ON" position the reverse buzzer will not make any noise at all, no solenoids clicking, nothing. I have already cleaned and tightened all battery terminals. Can someone please lead me in the direction I need to go. Please remember I am a rookie so be gentle with your terminology.
s10rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: "02" 48V Clubcar won't move

Welcome. There are many current and previous posts that can shed some light on your situation. Start reading. Check the site for a wiring diagram if you don't have one. Someone with electronic experience will chime in here soon (I'm an analog cart guy) no help to you, but someone will be!
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Print out the wiring diagram as suggested. Concentrate on the solenoid activation circuit. The solenoid must click each time you press the gas.

Solenoid activation

The solenoid is a HD on/off switch or Contactor
the connection is made /broken between the 2 large terminals. The 2 small terminals are the activation circuit. Typically one terminal will have a constant negative connection to the pack. When Positive power is applied to the second small terminal the contact is drawn up against the spring to make contact. When power from either side of the activation circuit is removed then contact is released and the spring pushes it away interrupting the circuit ...It doesn't matter which small terminal is neg or pos on the activation circuit so long as you have both.... The solenoid is just a switch making and breaking the contact between the 2 large posts when the 2 small posts have pack voltage.
I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
s10rocket
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the information.

I spent the last six hours working on the cart, reading threads and surfing the net.

I finally found the problem by mistake and it was nothing that I had read about at all.

Just incase someone else comes across the same issue, here is what ended up being my problem.

The "Run"/ "Tow" switch was bad. I kept checking the wireing and nothing seemed wrong, tried the trouble shooting for the OBC, Solenoid, Motor, Micro switches, F/R switch, everything. The problem was as I would check them, I couldn't find anything wrong. Finally while testing the "Run"/"Tow" switch, I could get the reverse buzzer to come and go. After further investigation, I found that one wires sealed in the bottom side of the switch had broken loose and was making contact every now and again. If anyone else has an issue where you car will not move and the buzzer does not sound, this may be a good place to start.

Thanks for the support and advise.
s10rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car