lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Xrt 850 vs. Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm shocked the factory would even consider this type of modification.
Why? This is the most solid and dependable way possible that you can lift the front of these vehicles. You're removing aluminum and replacing it with steel plates. If anything, it's stronger than it was before. Not to mention you retain all factory steering geometry and factory suspension parts. The only part replaced when using this lift kit is a longer steering knuckle. The Z-Plate lift gets my vote 100% of the time.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #12
Drake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Because the solid frame is cut and replaced with a scab and bolts drilled through it. The integrity of the original frame rail is lost.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Because the solid frame is cut and replaced with a scab and bolts drilled through it. The integrity of the original frame rail is lost.
I see your point, however as a dealer technician of 13 years I can confirm that I've seen far more DS frames bent that were stock than I have on lifted vehicles. The steel Z-plates are far stronger than the section of frame that is removed.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
Drake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Then I'm a little smarter for talking to you. Thank you sir. So no other real differences between the DS and the XRT other than the front end? I like that look. Can I change my front end to the XRT style?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes. You'd need to get a site sponsor or a dealer to order all of the parts for you. There's some brackets involved in making that cowl fit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car