lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default EZ Go Carb Question from a Harley Guy

Guys, I am hoping you can help out a Harley owner with an EZ Go carb question.

I have a 1985 HD but for a variety of reasons to include better performance and WAY better reliability, I don't use the HD carb but rather the ones from early 80's EZ Go carts -Mikuni BV18.

In addition to the EZ Go carb I also use an electric fuel pump rather than the vacuum system on all of these carts. Here is my question, I am currently using a 2 - 3 1/2 psi pump as that seems to work best for HD carbs. However, with the Mikuni it seems like I am still hurting for fuel a bit. I am thinking about bumping the pump up to a 4 psi pump.

By any chance, does anyone know what type of psi a Mikuni BV-18 would need? Again, I am confident I need more fuel but I don't want to flood either.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZ Go Carb Question from a Harley Guy

The BV-18 uses a pulse-driven pump so the pressure would be lower than that. What is the displacement of the HD motor, and why do you think you need more fuel?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

My displacement is 246 cc.

Though the pump is drawing fuel, it's not drawing enough to keep the fuel in the fuel filter at a decent level and is sucking air in as a result. When I manually fill the filter the cart runs great until it empties.

I have some other things the check too but, as I am running the Mikuni, I figured I would make sure the pump was adequate first. You never know.

Thanks for the info.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

A mistake people makes is to mount the pump to far away from the tank or fuel supply. Electric pumps are designed to push fuel not suck. IS THIS YOUR PROBLEM ??? Just a thought

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO