lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
dkboik
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 09 Club Car Precedent MCOR hesitation after sitting

09 Club Car Precedent (I was told Precedent i2 when it was sold to me)
Serial# PQ0918-022127
48V (qty: 4, 12 VDC batteries)
Black cover Curtis Controller
Batteries replaced May 2012, Load Tested Good

I bought this from our local golf course who was selling off remaining fleet after losing 50 carts when the club house burned down. There were 20 carts kept at the golf course maintenance building being stored because the clubhouse couldn't house the entire fleet. This cart was one of those stored in the maintenance building. The cart seems to run good but a good bit slower than a couple others that other neighbors have bought. I also get some intermittent hesitation after the cart has sat overnight or for several hours not running. The solenoid is not getting pulled in…no clicking back there upon pushing pedal down. I hear the pedal micro switch click but nothing in the back and then after a few tries of pushing the pedal down and up it may all of a sudden take off. It may run 10 yards and then stop, then start up without removing foot off the pedal. After about 20 seconds it runs fine without any hesitation and continues that way. The speed was not so much the issue for me to start digging into this, as it was the hesitation. Below is the troubleshooting I have done so far.

I am thinking the problem lies in the MCOR so I did the following test and got strange results see below.
At the MCOR
Key OFF
Cart in RUN
1.) Red probe on + terminal
Black probe on purple near MCOR = 50 V

2.) Black on – terminal
Red probe on white near MCOR = 0.9 to 1.0 V

3.) Black on – terminal
Red probe on yellow = 0V pedal up and 0.6V pedal down

Checking resistance at MCOR
Battery Neg terminal disconnected
Disconnected 16 pin at controller
4.) Yellow to Purple = 2.5K Pedal up, 6.5K Pedal Down

5.) Yellow to White = 8.4K Pedal up, 4.3K Pedal Down

6.) Also checked Solenoid : 220 Ohms

Any idea of why the strange values? Also there is a module within 6-8 inches from of the MCOR. The 4 pin and 2-pin connectors from the MCOR pass into this module and on the other side a 6-pin connector plugs in and, I assume, leads back to the main controller. What is that module?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
dkboik is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
09 precedent, hesitation, mcor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car