lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
Erich
Not Yet Wild

Default RHOX spindle problems

Hey all,

I have an ‘06 precedent iQ. I’ve had precedents in the past with lifts and have never had issues like this. For starters, I’m running 14” rims and 23.5” tires. My problem is that when I put the RHOX 6” spindle lift on, I had to adjust toe & camber accordingly. When I did this, it never tracked the same. Either toed out or in. When this happens as we all know it can be extremely hazardous while turning at speeds. Even around long sweeping turns while downhill. I’ve adjusted the ball joints. I’ve adjusted the tie rods. Individually and together on both sides. I’ve use squares to ensure camber is correct. The leaf spring cam bolt on the bottom. Everything! Even if The camber/toe are inward I’ll give a quarter turn out and it just ends up being too far out and drags the tires. Does anyone else have this issue with RHOX spindle lift? It seems to me that it isn’t engineered properly and relies too much on stock parts which aren’t made for that kind of stress.
I’m about to just order something like the MJ or GTW which I’ve had both in the past and I know don’t give me issue like this.

Any help/insight would’ve greatly appreciated.
~E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: RHOX spindle problems

There's supposed to be some toe-in on those lifts. Have you checked into their camber correction kit?

Also, you said your cart is an 06, that's definitely on the older side of things. Are all your bushings still good?

Edit: Also check your tie rod ends for excess play!
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #3
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Adjusting the Camber affects the Toe and adjusting the Toe affects the Camber. Aligning a cart isnt a 5 minute job. It took me longer to get my alignment perfect than it did to install the lift. Just make small adjustments at a time and you will get it.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Also, roll the cart back and forth on the pavement/garage floor/driveway etc a few times before and after you set the toe, then recheck it. The rolling actually moves the suspension some because of how the tires track. It's frustrating sometimes. The big wheels and tires really accentuate it when it's off. And handling with big wheels and tires is much different to begin with, if the toe is not right it will get "squirrelly" at higher speeds, sometimes dangerous. Worn out shock/springs can drastically affect the handling action. Softer springs allow extra movements of the suspension which also changes camber/toe. Worn suspension and steering bushings can also cause extra movement. Worn tie rod ends too. With a lift and big wheels/tires you really need the steering and suspension to be tight.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:05 PM   #5
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

From what I've read here, spindle lifts are notoriously hard to align.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:02 PM   #6
Erich
Not Yet Wild

I’ve settled on an A-arm front suspension. It is a little narrower but at least it keeps rain wash off the windshield and my legs haha. Thanks all for the help anyways! Cheers to your Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
wrightcfl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am not having the same drivability issues with mine however I am having the camber issues. I did see these camber adjusting shocks online and wondered if anyone has used them?

https://www.extremekartz.com/shock-f...SABEgJntfD_BwE
wrightcfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #8
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcfl View Post
I am not having the same drivability issues with mine however I am having the camber issues. I did see these camber adjusting shocks online and wondered if anyone has used them?

https://www.extremekartz.com/shock-f...SABEgJntfD_BwE
I have customers who've had them installed. Those are Red Hawk parts. The lower portion of the shock unscrews and gives you about 2 3/4" to 3" extra adjustment. I don't know what that translates to in degrees however.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #9
wrightcfl
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokuro View Post
I have customers who've had them installed. Those are Red Hawk parts. The lower portion of the shock unscrews and gives you about 2 3/4" to 3" extra adjustment. I don't know what that translates to in degrees however.

Thank you for the response. Any feedback from them at all?
wrightcfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:17 AM   #10
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcfl View Post
Thank you for the response. Any feedback from them at all?
No feedback is good feedback, right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts