lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
redraptor
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool fuel issue

I have a stalling problem with my 272. Seems once you are really using it in the cold (i.e.) plowing snow or wide open down the road, it seems to run out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter under the seat and noticed there is also one between the pump and carb and is not shown in the manual.
After changing the filter under the seat I noticed there isn't much fuel in this transparent filter after running it. WOT down the road ran ok and didn't fall off but it wasn't below 30 degrees.
Seems I might need a fuel pump to me but don't know much about these engines and how to tune them for the weather.
redraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: fuel issue

The upper (pump to carb) fuel filter won't fill up completely right away,
and over time it may just fill up 3/4's...

It's normal and nothing to worry about!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

don't forget to clean the little screen on the fuel pump. It wont pump when its full of dust.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
redraptor
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: fuel issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgo on fire View Post
don't forget to clean the little screen on the fuel pump. It wont pump when its full of dust.
Didn't know there was one. I've only owned this for a year and a half and never had to do much with it. The hour meter is over 15k so I don't exactly know what might need replaced at this point. I can see it was serviced over the years though.
Thanks for your responses!
Old 02-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
redraptor
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just an update. I pulled the fuel pump and disassembled it. Looked clean as a whistle. I then put it back on and left the feed end open and hit the key. Fuel really squirted out and also filled the fuel filter. I then took off the second filter and put a new hose from the pump to carb. Seems better and a couple of full throttle runs down the road in the cold it doesn't fall off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car