lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #21
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: I think G29 electric motor officially died!

I plan on using a thin coat of standard moly grease on the rubber ring and a little bit on the spline too.
Bballtwenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
YES!!!! Always disconnect the batteries when working you your cart's electrics. Disconnect any battery cable - doesn't have to be the positive cable.
I always only disconnect the main negative cable before working on the cart
Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #23
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bball can you post your performance results when done? Another G29er here and am very curious..
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #24
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
Bball can you post your performance results when done? Another G29er here and am very curious..
-Will do man! Shoot me a message if you need anything. The motor should be delivered tomorrow and hopefully I can get it in.
-Prior to the motor burning up my cart would easily cruise 19-21mph and could get up to 25mph. More than enough power. Everything stock except for alltrax 300 and 12" rims on low profile tires.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #25
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nice. I have the xct 48400 in mine and was running 22, but I'm waiting on a new motor from Electrical Motor Products which they claim will throw me upwards of 30 mph. We'll see. Hey, do those tires rub at all? Curious how your cart looks with that wheel/tire size. Any pics? ?
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #26
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
Nice. I have the xct 48400 in mine and was running 22, but I'm waiting on a new motor from Electrical Motor Products which they claim will throw me upwards of 30 mph. We'll see. Hey, do those tires rub at all? Curious how your cart looks with that wheel/tire size. Any pics? ?
No rubbing at all. I will have to get a pic for you tomorrow
Old 06-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #27
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Motor came in today.

Although I cannot get it to slide all the way on! I can get it to sit on the shaft, just cannot get it to go all the way on. Feels like it's hitting something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (142.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 AM   #28
blackty
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I missed the UPS guy yesterday. He is returning today. Have to drive 1.5 hrs to get my cart. Keep us posted...Jim
blackty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #29
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My replacement motor just slid on easily. (D&D) The trick was getting it in place and lined up but you have that licked. I used a strap too and I had a buddy help from the top while I guided it in from the bottom. The D&D motor was a little longer than my stock Hitachi motor and it was a tight fit getting it in from underneath. I did not remove anything on top except the bagwell cover.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My replacement motor just slid on easily. (D&D) The trick was getting it in place and lined up but you have that licked. I used a strap too and I had a buddy help from the top while I guided it in from the bottom. The D&D motor was a little longer than my stock Hitachi motor and it was a tight fit getting it in from underneath. I did not remove anything on top except the bagwell cover.
You sound identical to me on how I'm installing it, but it just slides a little ways then stops. I've even taken it off and tried again to no avail. I guess I just need to keep taking it off then sliding it back on until I hit a sweet spot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha