lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: My Universal Conversion Kit Installation Progress

Day 3 - I actually got alot more done then these pictures will show. Too tired to go take more pics. I ran out of lugs. Seems like every place I go has a couple in stock so I have been going from auto parts store to auto parts store. What I have left:
  • 3 Battery Cables
  • Pedal and Ignition Wiring
  • Charger port
  • Small odds and ends attachments

It had lights with a custom switch mounted on teh dash. Not 100% sure how to hook those back up? Do I just need to attache the wires to a power source? Suggestions?

Hope to have it running tmr.

rstarost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The lights are 12v items. If you hook them to the full pack, they will be destroyed. I suggest a DC converter to step the pack voltage down to 12v. Tapping into some of the batteries to "steal" 12v will hurt those batteries, it is only gonna "steal" money from your wallet in the form of battery balance issues that reduce battery life in the long run. There are DC convertors available for reasonable prices from www.cartsunlimited.net and from DPI that aren't junk, get one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #13
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The lights are 12v items. If you hook them to the full pack, they will be destroyed. I suggest a DC converter to step the pack voltage down to 12v. Tapping into some of the batteries to "steal" 12v will hurt those batteries, it is only gonna "steal" money from your wallet in the form of battery balance issues that reduce battery life in the long run. There are DC convertors available for reasonable prices from www.cartsunlimited.net and from DPI that aren't junk, get one.
Great tip thanks so much. I should have taken picture of how it was wired before I gutted it.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #14
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

OK I need a little help on understanding where these go in the system?
Old 08-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The pre-charge resistor (on the left) goes across the solenoid big posts. It doesn't matter which side goes on which post. The main fuse (on the right) goes between the main positive battery terminal and the cable. Again, it doesn't matter which way it goes.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #16
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
The pre-charge resistor (on the left) goes across the solenoid big posts. It doesn't matter which side goes on which post. The main fuse (on the right) goes between the main positive battery terminal and the cable. Again, it doesn't matter which way it goes.
Thanks. Another question and this is going to show how really dumb I am. But the cables that you plug the charger into do they just go to the postitive and negative on the batteries? Do you just hook up the positive and ground the negative to the motor?
Old 08-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

They don't ground to the motor, but they do go to the main + and - connections on the pack. If you'd like to limit the number of connections to the pack mains, the positive can go to the battery + side of the solenoid, and the negative can go to the B- terminal on the controller. Hope this helps.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #18
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

It does. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #19
rstarost
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
They don't ground to the motor, but they do go to the main + and - connections on the pack. If you'd like to limit the number of connections to the pack mains, the positive can go to the battery + side of the solenoid, and the negative can go to the B- terminal on the controller. Hope this helps.
Man down to the the last steps and I have to ask for all kinds of help. So I have it all wired. Try the pedal, I hear it engage but I get no power. ? Any thoughts..common mistakes? The controller is not getting power it looks like
Old 08-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Post pics of what you have so far.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, conversion kit, electric, g2 yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha