lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
jshae
Not Yet Wild

Default Installed Alltrax XCT 300a controller, new solenoid. nothing works

Hi ya'll, after 2 months of trying and reading every post in here I've decided to reach out for some help. 2007 Yamaha Drive Electric. I installed new Trojans 1275s about 3 months ago. The cart worked as it always has for about a month then just stopped, replaced solenoid, didn't fix. Batter pack (48v system) checks out at 12.7 at each terminal, F/R switch, Ignition, Tow/Run and Pedal switch all check out with the volt meter. I unwired the motor and hooked directly to battery, motor works, 51v at B+ batter, both big posts of solenoid and B+ controller. After installed the Alltrax xct I got nothing, no light, no reverse buzzer, no solenoid opening...after throwing my flashlight, socket wrench and kicking the tire I came back the next day ready for more. I unplugged the throttle position sensor and turned on controller. Green light flashes 3 times. I turned off tow/run switch, reconnected TPS and waited, then turned town/run on and ignition switch on. green light flashes 3 times. Blink code indicate TPS. Testing from the harness that plugs into controller, pin 5/blue wire shows 0 and up to 4.8v when accelerator is pushed, back to 0 when let off, black wire (neg) no reading and #7 (orange wire) has no reading. Does that mean the TPS is shot and needs replaced? Any shortcuts to fixing this issue or any other suggestions? I appreciate any and all responses. Ready to be rolling again
jshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installed Alltrax XCT 300a controller, new solenoid. nothing works

If you have not already, plug the Alltrax into a laptop and see what everything on the monitor screen says. It should throw an error if there is a throttle issue.

Mods- please move to Yamaha section.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a fuse in the control circuit (aka ignition) in this cart. Check it out if no controller LED light or solenoid click.
Also post pics of your install, maybe we can see something you missed?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Mods- please move to Yamaha section.
Merged!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
jshae
Not Yet Wild

scottyb - I located one 3amp fuse, its not blown . I took the fuse out and tested the female part the fuse goes into (sorry for lack of electrical vocabulary), test 51v at one hole the fuse goes into but not the other but I'm guessing that normal since the fuse connects the two. Only error when hooked up to laptop is rpm set to 6000. ignition, f/r, tow/run, pedal switch all test accordingly, 51v everywhere when switches engaged. the throttle position sensor test up to 4.8v when pedal is pushed then to zero on the blue/throttle 5v line, black and orange have no voltage. controller blinks 3 green flashes but no other signs of life elsewhere. Suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acontroller.jpg (103.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg acontroller2.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg afuse3.jpg (60.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In the monitor screen does the throttle register close to 0-100% when pressed?
Examine the check boxes to see if the cart thinks the charger is plugged in, causing a safety lock out.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
jshae
Not Yet Wild

The forward and reverse switch indicators light up accordingly when activated at the cart. The pedal light switch activated when pedal is pressed. Battery voltage reads 50.1v. No other readings or blue lights. Pressing accelerator has no results on software monitor screen. Please clarify where the ignition fuse is located. I unplugged harness at the ignition, tested 50.1v on red/yellow wire no reading on red/white wire. No indication from the monitor that it thinks its charging. Thank you for your help!!!
Old 07-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You already showed the fuse in near the controller.
Is the throttle set to YDRE in the throttle page?
Is the throttle monitor registering the pedal signal in the green bar graph?
Old 07-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #9
jshae
Not Yet Wild

Yes it is set to YDRE. Throttle graph shows nothing when pedal is pressed or not pressed.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's the trouble then , no throttle signal. The controller is not being told to let any amperage pass. Did the cart work before the install?

Tags
alltrax xct 300a, yamaha drive no go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha