lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

I have looked high and low online and cannot seem to find one.

I would be grateful if someone could either post one here or email one directly to me :)
jakehanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

There is no service manual available, but I have one and I can maybe help you.

See my rebuild thread- http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...c-rebuild.html

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

I read through the thread... amazing work! What was the exact motor brand model # you used for replacement? Where did you purchase it? Did you buy the universal kit for the controller etc? I assume 48v? Would love to get a copy of your service manual and wiring diagram if possible. Do you know what the chrome knob is that's right next to ashtray, it pulls out and pushes in? Thanks!

BTW I just picked up a G3-E custom painted in electric blue, but it's got no batteries, and all original parts are there. Not sure if it runs yet with stock components. It is unfortunately missing the steering column lights and horn controller. Hope I can figure out how to get those fixed.

Would love to know yoyr complete parts list you used for your redo if possible.

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehanl View Post
I read through the thread... amazing work! What was the exact motor brand model # you used for replacement? Where did you purchase it? Did you buy the universal kit for the controller etc? I assume 48v? Would love to get a copy of your service manual and wiring diagram if possible. Do you know what the chrome knob is that's right next to ashtray, it pulls out and pushes in? Thanks!

BTW I just picked up a G3-E custom painted in electric blue, but it's got no batteries, and all original parts are there. Not sure if it runs yet with stock components. It is unfortunately missing the steering column lights and horn controller. Hope I can figure out how to get those fixed.

Would love to know yoyr complete parts list you used for your redo if possible.

Thanks in advance...

Sounds nice. I got the motor from D&D and I didn’t buy a conversion kit (even though Scotty’s kits are great and that’s the easiest way to do it.)When I got it, everything was gutted so I started from scratch.

A chrome knob... probably aftermarket lights but upload a picture. I’d love to see it.

And that stinks the steering column is gone. Parts for these are impossible to find. My horn lever did break off but I replaced it for a column mounted push button, and it looks good and works fine. My turn signal and light control is working. I’m sure you could trace the wires and use a standard turn signal controller and do a switch for the lights, running lights, and high beams, but that’s a lot of work.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #5
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Where exactly do you get this D&D motor and what exact model is it please, what else did you buy as far as controller etc? The chrome knob is stock, its near the back of your legs and it is a push pull knob..I would really appreciate a breakdown of your parts bought so that I can simply get to them :)
Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Where exactly do you get this D&D motor and what exact model is it please, what else did you buy as far as controller etc? The chrome knob is stock, its near the back of your legs and it is a push pull knob..I would really appreciate a breakdown of your parts bought so that I can simply get to them :)

I got the D&D motor from D&D motors[emoji52]. I can get the model tomorrow. It’s a 10.1 HP ten spline.

I’m using a Curtis PB-6 pot box (it mounted perfectly to the accelerator pedal rod once I drilled a small hole in it) and an Alltrax SR48300 I had. All custom 4G cables. This cart was pretty much rusted in half so I had to repair the frame and build the battery tray.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #7
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks that would be great if you can get me the model # of the motor. I really appreciate it. Did you use the existing pedal ir a new one? Can you post a couple of clearl pics if the entire battery box and components so I can see the overview?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #8
jakehanl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Any reason why you went with the 300 rather than the 400 or 500 Alltrax? Did you go 48 volt?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #9
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sure. Let me get to that tomorrow. I used the old pedal. Scotty’s kit uses a new pedal and eliminates the need for a separate potentiometer. Also, had you considered keeping your existing motor? It may not be as fast or strong but they are decent motors and you can start with getting a controller in there before replacing the motor.

Mine goes about 26mph. I have a stock 1989 G2-E that does about 17 MPH. Maybe the stock G3-E motor was the same speed? I don’t know because mine was missing.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Does anyone have a 1987 Yamaha G3-E Sun Classic Electric Service Manual?

Quote:
Any reason why you went with the 300 rather than the 400 or 500 Alltrax? Did you go 48 volt?

I used the 300 because I had it laying around. I added the Alltrax fan kit and it does surprisingly well. The tires will break loose pretty easily [emoji16]

Yes, mine is 48v.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha